Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Absolutely any open space available!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wondering how and where you store your games. We all have a large volume of games how do you find room and where do you store them all.

Answer ALL that apply!

Janos

Reaction score
Combat Military Training Center, Hohenfels, Bavari
Country
llUnited States
I keep mine on a small bookshelf (for bookshelf games) and in a storage area behind a display case (for the rest) in my office/game room, in my basement. My miniatures (can I say that in this forum?:D ) are in the same room in some small cabinets with drawers.

JS

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have found that I can store a large amount of my miniatures in a Rubbermaid bin with boards that have foam on them. I just layer the boards into the storage bin.

For all my smaller games that works well too.

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gameroom

I store my games in our gameroom, but I will have to find a new place because the room will become a baby room very soon.

BigMik1

Pete G

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Likewise, grats on the good news, BigMik.

Got two kids of my own, so lock-tite storage options are a must in my household. Rubbermaid and Plano have a special place in my heart. Never thought that a trip to Target could so wholly benefit my wargame collection, but there you go....

-Pete

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So am I in trouble when I have a box on top of a bookcase in my garage that has wargames?

Tiger1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by jguritza
I have found that I can store a large amount of my miniatures in a Rubbermaid bin with boards that have foam on them. I just layer the boards into the storage bin.

For all my smaller games that works well too.
Thanks for the tip.

ericmwalters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The "War Room"

I can do this because I have no children and am fortunately enough to earn an income large enough to pay for a house that allows my wife to give me two rooms--one for an office, one for a wargame room. Both lined with bookshelves along two walls.

Best "war room" was when I lived in Virginia Beach in the late 1990s. We had a four-bedroom house and one of those was a FROG (Finished Room Over The Garage). It was a two-car garage, so the FROG was HUGE. I packed both the wargames and my office into that space quite comfortably...and still had enough room for a stereo, a TV, a futon couch...as well as a large dining room table to spread monster games out on. Just down the stairs was a beer refridgerator next to the washer and dryer...and a bathroom with shower. The kitchen was but a couple steps away. I could have lived in that section of the house for weeks at a time....sigh.

--emw

tsar

Reaction score
Re: The "War Room"

Originally posted by ericmwalters
I can do this because I have no children and am fortunately enough to earn an income large enough to pay for a house that allows my wife to give me two rooms--one for an office, one for a wargame room. Both lined with bookshelves along two walls.

Best "war room" was when I lived in Virginia Beach in the late 1990s. We had a four-bedroom house and one of those was a FROG (Finished Room Over The Garage). It was a two-car garage, so the FROG was HUGE. I packed both the wargames and my office into that space quite comfortably...and still had enough room for a stereo, a TV, a futon couch...as well as a large dining room table to spread monster games out on. Just down the stairs was a beer refridgerator next to the washer and dryer...and a bathroom with shower. The kitchen was but a couple steps away. I could have lived in that section of the house for weeks at a time....sigh.

--emw
Do you have the address and is it for sale?

:banana:

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wish I had that. I have an office/war room so it is extremely cramped in there. I could us the extra space. I would love to have a great room with a huge table for both my miniatures and board games. Oh well I guess it is time to ask the boss for another raise!

Fenrir

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
my basement is finished with tile floor and tongue and groove knotty pine paneling. the games and mil. hist. books are stored on a series of book cases and there is a built in bar on one side of the room. up under the front of the bar are hooks to which attaches one end of my 4'x8' gaming table. the other end has legs. there is also a 48" round table with wheels next to it to hold extra rules, food and bevs. Beer is in a cooler in the ajoining laundry room. at the other end of the basement is the 1000+ piece record collection and the 1000+ piece CD collection as well as the TV, video games and stereo. This beautiful setup I call "The Fortress of Solitude". Of course there is a lazyboy chair and a counch and all the comfy amenties. I have surrendered the rest of the house to my wife but i reign supreme in "the fortress".

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Fenrir
my basement is finished with tile floor and tongue and groove knotty pine paneling. the games and mil. hist. books are stored on a series of book cases and there is a built in bar on one side of the room. up under the front of the bar are hooks to which attaches one end of my 4'x8' gaming table. the other end has legs. there is also a 48" round table with wheels next to it to hold extra rules, food and bevs. Beer is in a cooler in the ajoining laundry room. at the other end of the basement is the 1000+ piece record collection and the 1000+ piece CD collection as well as the TV, video games and stereo. This beautiful setup I call "The Fortress of Solitude". Of course there is a lazyboy chair and a counch and all the comfy amenties. I have surrendered the rest of the house to my wife but i reign supreme in "the fortress".
This sounds more like heaven than "The Fortress"

Fenrir

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This sounds more like heaven than "The Fortress"
yeah...i do worry that the humididty in the basement will cause my albums and books/games to start to mold or mildew. I have a dehumidifier going 24/7 to help remove the moisture. I hope it's enough.

indeed, after 15 years of living in small, cramped apartments with little or no gaming space (i have not had a purpose-built gaming area and table since 1995) the last 18 months in my first house have been GREAT! quite literally heavenly. (no kids or pets either!)

My wife wisely avoids "the fortress" due to the loud music, but she does enjoy watching DVDs down there with me....

I wish I had the space to install a small fridge for the beer and sodas but that would take up precious bookshelf/recordshelf space.

Tom DeFranco

Reaction score
On bookshelves in my basement, literally w/i reach from my PC. The only problem is creating space on which to set up and play the games (especially those which use more than one map) over a period of time longer than one sitting.

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well congratulations on the new baby!
Thanks, I have a 6 yr old already and she can't wait for the room to change too. But, she is gaining a love for wargames. My wife hates that part.

BigMik1

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Pete G
Likewise, grats on the good news, BigMik.

Got two kids of my own, so lock-tite storage options are a must in my household. Rubbermaid and Plano have a special place in my heart. Never thought that a trip to Target could so wholly benefit my wargame collection, but there you go....

-Pete
Thanks Pete!! Looking forward to his/her landing!! Hope it's a boy....so I can pass on this hobby. My little girl is getting hooked or she may just love the pertty colored counters!!!

BigMik1

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: The "War Room"

Originally posted by ericmwalters

--emw
A WAR ROOM!!!! Ahhh the thing of dreams.........you lucky man!!

BigMik1