• Total voters

Janos

Reaction score
Combat Military Training Center, Hohenfels, Bavari
Country
llUnited States
Re: The "War Room"

Originally posted by ericmwalters
I can do this because I have no children and am fortunately enough to earn an income large enough to pay for a house that allows my wife to give me two rooms--one for an office, one for a wargame room. Both lined with bookshelves along two walls.
I'm in a similar position. In our basement, I have two large rooms -- the library and the office -- for my use. The wife uses the laundry room and there is also some storage down there.

The library is mostly all books (obviously) and has a WBTS/Family theme.

The office has my desk, a large wargames table (extra large desktop on top of shelves holding "terrain" and houses). There are also bookshelves for board games and a large shelf unit that I have all of my souvenir glassware on (beer steins, pils beer glasses, mugs from all the places I've been, etc.) This room has more of a medieval theme to it.

It's really a great set up. The wife and kids seldom come down. I may end up leaving there when I get back from here, and will miss this house for this reason and many others. It's a great place!

JS

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: The "War Room"

Originally posted by Janos

The office has my desk, a large wargames table (extra large desktop on top of shelves holding "terrain" and houses).
JS
I think you can relate, but for me the hardest thing to store has to be terrain. If you make a large collection it is near impossible to store it all properly with out a large storage area.

Fenrir

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Re: The "War Room"

Originally posted by jguritza
I think you can relate, but for me the hardest thing to store has to be terrain. If you make a large collection it is near impossible to store it all properly with out a large storage area.
I've also found 3D terrain the most difficult storage problem due to it's fragility and volume. I just carefully pack it all in card board boxes and store them under the table or behind the bar with the table when we have guests. (my game room doubles as the dining room when we have more than 2 guests...it's the only space large enough....the problem is that our big dining room is lined with shelves holding games, gaming books, mil. hist. books and miniatures and terrain.....oh well!)

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Storage under the large gaming table always to be the best was to store terrain. I have some larger buildings I have done are normally carefully packed into Rubbermaid containers and normally seek a closet or the garage for storage.

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Gameroom

Originally posted by Janos
Congrats BigMik1...will the new model be BigMik2 or LtlMik1?

JS
BigMik2!!! I hope, I have a daughter already, would like a son. But, a healthy baby will be fine!!!!

BigMik1