When you play, how often do you use the IIFT?

How many of your games use the IIFT?

• None - Almost never use it.

Votes: 105 41.2%
  • 0-10%

Votes: 31 12.2%
  • 11-20%

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • 21-30%

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • 31-40%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 41-50%

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • 51-60%

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 61-70%

Votes: 7 2.7%
  • 71-80%

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • 81-90%

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • 91-100%

Votes: 63 24.7%

• Total voters

Bret Hildebran

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Because two flamewars weren't enough!

Over the last 10 years, I'm fairly certain my IIFT percentage is 0%...

Rgirish

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I took one look at it and decided I didn't need to strain my eyes that much. It's just too busy for my tastes.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
When I play the local Front Range heretic ASL players, I'll play with it just to silence their braying about not using the apostate IIFT.

Otherwise, I usually play with the IFT.

Ends up being about 50-50.

<shrug>....not a very big deal one way or the other.

Last edited:

IYAOYAS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
IFT, but I accomodate IIFTers if they just really need to use that very, very long, endless, scrolling off the table table.
Still only once a year, maybe.

Psuderman

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I and, I believe, the rest of the Winnipeg ASL Club play primarily using the IIFT. No reason specifically given save convention, but I know it was the certain preference of the late, great Jim McLeod.

custardpie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Used to use IIFT all the time, now I only seem to use the IFT and if I even think of using IIFT I am told `THEY WILL KNOW AND COME AND GET ME'

dreenstra

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I never instigate it's use, if I play using the IIFT it is only ever at the request of my opponent. The local guys I play with never use it, but I do travel a good bit for my job and like to hook up with ASL players in the towns I visit, so I play those outside my normal group with some frequency. On top of that, I play via VASL and also attend a couple tournaments a year (Bitter End and ASLOK). Even with all the different players I match up with, it is rare that anyone suggests use of the IIFT.

Dave

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I never instigate it's use, if I play using the IIFT it is only ever at the request of my opponent. The local guys I play with never use it, but I do travel a good bit for my job and like to hook up with ASL players in the towns I visit, so I play those outside my normal group with some frequency. On top of that, I play via VASL and also attend a couple tournaments a year (Bitter End and ASLOK). Even with all the different players I match up with, it is rare that anyone suggests use of the IIFT.

Dave
So did those pussies up at Blackclouds house make you use the IIFT.:p:laugh:
Thats the only place I use it.:kotz:

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think I've only used it once in a casual game.

Never at a tournament that I can recall. Never in a CG via VASL.

Don't you know it's broke?

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Most of the time, but my ratio is changing as Curtis Brooks my newest and closest FTF opponent likes the IFT........Hairy palms in Wisconsin this time of the year isn't such a bad Idea:smoke:

by the way if you don't like the IIFT that is your choice. I have mine and follow the rulebook directive. if any conflict use the IFT. no need to tear the hobby apart because of a fire table preference, whichever side of the fence your on.

I always ask which table my opponent wants and I go with thier choice......I suck so bad it doesn't help me one way or the other.:hush:

:TRUCE::love: dope and Donny Osmond, Acid rules, Kill the PIGS.....hey wait a minute.......flashback:nuts:

Last edited:

Bob Holmstrom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Last year i decided i wanted to try the IIFT. Since none of the local guys use it, i figured ASLOK would be a good chance to use. Only one of my opponents asked me if i wanted to use it.

My response: "No chance jacka...er, yes, let's give it a try." So then, i couldn't find a copy in my gear and my opponent didn't have a copy. I think we asked Chas who was set up next to me, and he didn't have a copy.

So we ended up using the regular chart and now i'm convinced that i am not meant to use the IIFT.

Barber

Official Mila 18 Dork
Reaction score
On occasion because my opponent requests it. It's really not a big deal is it?

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
now that one of my ASL buddies (Cliff) has moved to Pittsburgh and we do not game, I rarely if ever use the IIFT. I did not use it once at ASLOK. I will use it if my opponent wants to, its not worth it to me to even care what IFT I use:D

Peace

Roger

Joel4nier

Tanks are hard
Reaction score
I've used it 100% of the games I've played, even the Starter Kit scenarios. All my opponents want to use it. I even joked that we should mix it up a bit and use the IFT, they all laughed.