When deleting dummies ...

BruceC

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
..my opponents concealed units come under my control i.e. I can see them as I would my own concealed units, and he sees them as he would my concealed units. Seems to happen when I delete dummies that are under his units.

Anyone else experience this phenomena?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
..my opponents concealed units come under my control i.e. I can see them as I would my own concealed units, and he sees them as he would my concealed units. Seems to happen when I delete dummies that are under his units.

Anyone else experience this phenomena?
This think this can happen, when you pull his concealment counters I believe. VASL remembers them as being 'yours' as you have pulled them - even if of a different nationality.

1541693809261.png

So don't do it the 'left' way but the 'right' way in case you prepare VASL setups in which you pull counters for your opponent.

von Marwitz

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Is this PBEM or live?
Why would you have control in a live game?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Is this PBEM or live?
Why would you have control in a live game?
If you are refering to my post:

Live game.

Having 'possession' of an enemy concealment counter could happen if you prepare a VASL file, pull the counters for both sides including his OoB given Concealment counters. If your opponent uses a Concealment counter from the stack that you have pulled to put on top of one of his stacks, I *think* that you will be able to see what's inside because VASL remembers that you have pulled it, thus consideres it yours, and consequently let's you look beneath it.

But I may be wrong. I seem to recall that at some time (which lies years back) there was some sort of issue in that direction. As I have avoided pulling Concealment counters for my opponent but instead use a labelled blank counter to designate the number of Concealment counters for his OoB, I have not have any issues. At the same time I do not remember the details of that back issue any more.

von Marwitz

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Is ctrl O now a thing of the past?
Tried it on a vehicle with VASL v6.4.2 and it works as it should, placing a Motion counter on it.
Have not tried with v6.4.3 but it seems unlikely to me that they should have deleted that function.

von Marwitz