What's your prefered difficulty level?

What is your preferred difficulty level?

• Easy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medium/Normal

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Hard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
I remember playing on easiest possible level for a long time, fearing that I would stuck in some mission and it would be hell, not a game. Now that games are easier to walk through (see this interesting thread)and/or I am more confident in my strength, I think medium/normal is my typical choice. And what's yours? In no particular genre, it can be shooter, strategy etc.

Many games have more than 3 difficulty levels, but I'll set general three, should be enough.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Re: What's your preferred difficulty level?

It depends. If it's an RTS game I will usually play against the hardest enemies possible and stack the deck against myself. This is the best practice to prepare for multiplayer and it can give a very good challenge in some games. For example, Demigod against four 'Nightmare' AI demigods is too tough for a lot of people to handle, but I can do it no problem. With FPS games, it really depends on the type of game it is. I play Bioshock 2 on hard and don't have any problems. In contrast, STALKER is tough even on the medium setting.

I do like games where I can adjust the difficulty level on the fly if I run into an exceptionally difficult mission or level.

Reaction score
Country
llCanada

I play most games against the base setting.

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany

Depends on the game. Normally i start with normal/medium

SkaterMcgee

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For RTS I set at the highest difficulty in every RTS game, because when I play online I will be Godly, like Starcraft or Warcraft. For First Person Shooters I always choose medium, never play the easy in any game, its no fun.

Overall though, I am going to have to say medium, although I am Legendary.