What's your favourite size?

Bullet Magnet

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have discussed this with DD by e.mail, but I was wondering (being the noob I am) what other people think?

1) In self-generated battles, how many build points per side do you like to play with?

2) In a self-generated assault scenario, how many more build points should the attacker have more than the defender, if any?

Thanks for your time.

Rastamann

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
I prefer to play small battles up to a maximum of a couple of companies - that is on account of my being somewhat lazy and disliking to move hundreds of units. On the other hand, I think the game rules work best at up to battalion level - no need for a division commander to know that squad Fritz has 7 men instead of 10-12, or that Panzer nr. 243 has lost the bow MG...

IMO the game is designed to give you a company to battalion commander's perspective of the battlefield interaction and larger games of SPWAW prevent you from doing that.

Points would range somewhere from 2000-5000.

On assault scenarios, I would go 2-3:1

Cheers

Nuno aka Rastamann

T. Heikkilä

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I agree with Rastamann

As the subject says, i agree with Rastamann. I dont like really big fights, but not too small either...

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I really like reinforced company size battles. A full infantry company with some attached armor (about a platoon and a half) and some local arty (mortars) with small 60x60 maps. With about 12-15 turns.