What's Your Desktop Wallpaper?

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm on the rebound again. After indulging myself with a bunch of fantasy, my sci-fi urges demand satisfaction! So...change of desktop to a spacey, Mercury theme:

View attachment 34626

I picked Mercury because I am reading Stephen Baxter's Vacuum Diagrams. I'm not usually much for hard science fiction, but this collection is proving to have some really memorable short stories such as Cilia-of-Gold, about an expedition to Mercury that unexpectedly finds life below the surface.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland

It's good to be surrounded by Slavs :thumup: So many .jpeg's to choose from... :D

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you. It took about 4 days to do. Paint isn't exactly the greatest program to use for things like this. It was fun though and all we had to do was send the floppy( yeah it was a while ago) to the patch comapny, they put the image into their program and the looms whipped it right out. Ya got to love tech, eh?

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In keeping with my Crusader Kings 2 obsession:

View attachment 35551

King Saint Louis IX and the Virgin & Child by Claudio Coello

If you look closely, you can see his crown and scepter laying at his feet, indicative that he would die while on his second crusade in 1270.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Apennine Colossus:

View attachment 36866

This is the type of awe-inspiring sculpture that is now lost to the modern world. I mean, the thing is right out of Tolkien!

How far we have fallen. How far we have lowered our eyes from the majestic to the mediocre.

Read more about it here.