What's the dumbest thing you have done lately?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Every pilot does stupid things from time to time. In EVE, it seems that screwing up in public (or in fleet) and suffering the ensuing embarrassment is much worse than the actual loss of ship and ISK.

So what stupid things have you done lately?

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not lately, but I haven't been playing as much recently...

Swapped ships to help a corp mate, warped into their mission, launched drones and set them upon my corp mates enemies. Only to realize they were shield drones, just after CONCORD showed up and vaporized my Vulture...

Sniff, sniff, still a painful memory... :cry:

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The dumbest thing I ever did was accidentally deleting the decimal place when placing a large buy order, and empty my wallet buying 400,000 ISK items for 40 mill ISK! Fortunately it was an item I was actively trading, so I bought half of the 40 million items from myself. But I think I still bought about 10 from another trader, so spent 400 million for 4 million worth of items!

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
A while back I was scouting out an enemy gatecamp in a cov ops frigate. After I spotted their primary force I sent in a detailed description of their strength, including ships types, names, etc. The ensuing hilarity caused me to notice I had accidentally typed the whole report into local instead of alliance intel. Yikes! :horse:

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So much for the stealthy attack on the gate camp. (And another good reason to make local optional.)

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
I managed to loose a frig in a L1 Mission (Eve Uni moved to Minnie space, so restarting it is). Thought I was being smart by eliminating a bunch of rats with a cruiser in front of a small gate and then get my frig and fly through. By the time I got there there were like 30 spawned ones and they nailed me before I could warp out...