What's in the Pipeline at LCP

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Are that really supposed to be level 2 hills among the bocage all rising from level 0 to level 2 directly as Volga implies?

von Marwitz

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Tilled Fields (or whatever it was called in Bloody Buron) I'm sure.

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
I would be very disappointed if that did not depend on the actual produce.

;)
Yeah, try to negotiate a cauliflower field for example, it's more like Brush, but of course it would be end of season so uncut cauliflower would be rotting by then resulting in a messy, slippery field more akin to Mud. I hope this will reflected accurately :nuts:

Genau das gleiche.

Although probably not the same as a Plowed Field in der Schweiz. ;)
Plowed Fields in de Schwiiz are invariably deep and sloped and make any unit entering it first become TI and then slowly slide downhill, generating a mud slide leading to Elimination... why do you think the Germans called off Fall Tannenbaum?!

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the sneak peek George.

Looking forward to this, and the other three in playtest (that I know of)...

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The sunken lanes surrounded by Bocage on this map are a great way of increasing the difficulty of Bocage. I've always felt that Bocage in ASL isn't hard enough on vehicles. Putting the sunken land with Bocage actually creates more of what real bocage would be about, ie nearly impassible. Nice design.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The sunken lanes surrounded by Bocage on this map are a great way of increasing the difficulty of Bocage. I've always felt that Bocage in ASL isn't hard enough on vehicles. Putting the sunken land with Bocage actually creates more of what real bocage would be about, ie nearly impassible. Nice design.
One of the things that had me scratching my head was how easy it was for US tanks to traverse Bocage (> 11 Bog Check); which also brought up the question, if it was that easy, why were Cullin's Hedgerow Devices invented?

In the TM Rules, there is a +2 DRM on the Bog Check when going over Bocage. This addition brings the Bog Check down to a > 9, and while not impossible, can be a bit risky.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
One of the things that had me scratching my head was how easy it was for US tanks to traverse Bocage (> 11 Bog Check); which also brought up the question, if it was that easy, why were Cullin's Hedgerow Devices invented?
Well, ASL-wise, the normal bog-checks are doable. But note, that most tanks need to add the +1 mod for having Normal Ground pressure. So they would pass on a 10 or less. With a +2 mod SSR this brings it down to 8 or less not to bog, which means bogging 27.8% of the time. This might be too high a chance for bog.

Then of course, the crossing AFV are subject to Underbelly Hits which might even give a German ht with a 37L or such things some chance to take out a Sherman.

Basically, it is a question on how much you want to channel the movement to the roads. A modifer on the bog check via SSR is a good tool to control it. But as I said an extra +2 modifier seems a bit steep to me since tanks with Normal Ground Pressure would bog 27.8% of the time.

von Marwitz

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Normally a Sherman, with its Normal Ground Pressure, Bogs on a 11 or more when crossing Bocage; the SSR +2 makes it a 9. The I believe reflects a high enough risk to warrant the invention of other methods and tactics.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
George,

Crossing the Moro arrived last week. Exceptional value for money, exceptional.

Keep up the good work.

Paul

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I have a good fraction, indeed well over half of LCP modules. I have all the mapped modules which I am pleased with, but I have one negative thing about those published to date. A solo player, I play few CG and find the (so far) number of scenatios at 4 to be a bit low. The lovely maps thus don't get the usage that I think they deserve from non-CG types like myself. I am quite happy to pay extra for, say, 6 scenarios in such packs. If in the future you put out a pack that had a couple of scenarios for each of the existing mapped modules I would gladly buy it.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have a good fraction, indeed well over half of LCP modules. I have all the mapped modules which I am pleased with, but I have one negative thing about those published to date. A solo player, I play few CG and find the (so far) number of scenatios at 4 to be a bit low. The lovely maps thus don't get the usage that I think they deserve from non-CG types like myself. I am quite happy to pay extra for, say, 6 scenarios in such packs. If in the future you put out a pack that had a couple of scenarios for each of the existing mapped modules I would gladly buy it.
Hey Paul,

Other than that Ozerekya Breakout, each of the current LCP TM Packs were only one day in duration; in the historical research material, there was little more than four or so opportunities from which to design a scenario from.

Future project could possibly have 1-2 more scenarios in them, bringing the total number to 5-6 scenarios, but again this number will be dependent on the availability of material, playability of the scenarios, and the scenario's size - I don't believe players want a scenario consisting of a handful of counters in total.

However, a scenario pack comprised of a half-dozen non-related, non-CG scenarios, using the LCP maps could be a possibility in the future.

Cheers

George

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Thanks George.

Fair point about the duration and research material.

I have no complaint about the value as I will continue to buy LCP stuff. The reason I have not got everything (16 to date) is by the time my supplier got LCP I was starting to go off scenario only packs and someof the subjects were of lesser interest to me.

Anything that makes more use of those maps is good by me.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
George do you think you will ever publish (or republish) the tournament stuff?

Abbaye des Ardennes
Panzer Aces
sPzJgr Abtl 653