What's in the Pipeline at LCP

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
What's in the works up here in the Great White North;

Well playtesting for Crossing the Moro - the Battle for Villa Rogatti Tactical Mission, is wrapping up (I want to thank all the playtesters for the their hard work - especially Ken Young); I anticipate its release in the June-July time frame.

After that the Drive for St. Lo Tactical Mission is next, consisting of a 1-day TM and 5 scenarios. Playtesting is underway, with a projected Spring 2015 release.
View attachment 45953

Akin to Purple Heart Draw, this TM continues the Battle of the Hedgerows, pitting the US 35th Infantry Division against the remnants of the German 352nd Infantry Division.

Next on the burner, is Hell's Highway Tactical Mission, consisting of a 2-day TM and 5 scenarios
View attachment 45954

Operation Market-Garden depended on keeping one two-lane highway stretching from the Belgium border to Arnhem open. North of Veghel, the German 107 Panzer Brigade had managed to cut the highway, the US 101st Airborne Division reinforced by the British Grenadier Guards struggled to reopen this lifeline.

After that is Opening the Baltic Gap Tactical Mission, consisting of a 2-3 day TM and 5 scenarios
View attachment 45955

Operation Bagration is nearly two-weeks old, the Soviet 6th Guards Army was rolling over German Division after Division on its westward drive for the Baltic Sea. As the leading Soviet spearheads were racing westward towards Daugavpils (Dvinsk/Dünaburg) Latvia threatening to capture the important railway centre being used to evacuate Army Group North, the Germans are quickly trying to reinforce their defences east of the city, hoping to stave of disaster.

Somewhere in between them, will be Grossdeutschland #3, LSSAH #6, and WinPak #3.

As always, playtesters will be needed for these projects, so if you're interested, please stand by for a call.

Thank you for you support

Cheers

George

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
I like how the Hell's Highway map overview looks like a real place in its thumbnail form.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I like how the Hell's Highway map overview looks like a real place in its thumbnail form.
That was exactly my impression. Quite a number of HASL maps, while they take pains to mirror the actual terrain, somehow still appear constructed. This one indeed just "feels" real, triggering the imagination to add more visual detail.

von Marwitz

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looks great George, wish I can help but we are knee deep in playtesting Red October for the foreseeable future. By the by George, you would not happen to have a aerial photograph of Ponyri? One that shows where the school house is and what not. I have a few but they are very general and really cant tell whats what. I could guesstimate when I design the map but if you have something concrete, I would be very appreciative of that.

Scott

takai

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
I'm a fan of PHD, thus really looking forward to the new Normandy offering. But the Market Garden map does look very nice as well.

What are those half orchards?

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
When will the "Lurking Panthers" item get published?

Also, any idea if you will have a mini-CG developed from the Hedgerow Series?

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Lurking Panthers is still under development (be a low priority); the 5 date CG has undergone at least 2 complete playtests with mixed results. A problem is narrow lanes and Panther tanks. But rest assure, it will may still move up on the release list. The 4 scenarios are roughed in and a few have undergone some initial playtest. As with all products, the need for playtesters are at a premium.

Here is current version of the map

View attachment 46076

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lurking Panthers is still under development (be a low priority); the 5 date CG has undergone at least 2 complete playtests with mixed results. A problem is narrow lanes and Panther tanks. But rest assure, it will may still move up on the release list. The 4 scenarios are roughed in and a few have undergone some initial playtest. As with all products, the need for playtesters are at a premium.

Here is current version of the map

View attachment 46076
George,

This map looks very good.

It begs to be played with "Cardboard Warrior Death" all over the place.

I can see AT Guns ambushing unsuspecting AFVs; infantry dying in the middle of the fields.....

Yeah, this is a good looking map.

Thanks George.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Kevin,

The Lurking Panthers' map is undergoing a redraw, I didn't like the twisting sunken lanes; the map is about half done and I know Darren Kovacs has brought it up a couple of time. So who knows, may be it will move to the front burner.

Not sure what you mean by a "mini-CG" from the Hedgerow series. Please explain.

Cheers

George

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Looks great George, wish I can help but we are knee deep in playtesting Red October for the foreseeable future. By the by George, you would not happen to have a aerial photograph of Ponyri? One that shows where the school house is and what not. I have a few but they are very general and really cant tell whats what. I could guesstimate when I design the map but if you have something concrete, I would be very appreciative of that.

Scott

Hi Scott,

So about the delay getting back to you. No I don't have an aerial photo of Ponyri, if I come I cross one, I will be sure to send it to you.

Cheers

George

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kevin,

The Lurking Panthers' map is undergoing a redraw, I didn't like the twisting sunken lanes; the map is about half done and I know Darren Kovacs has brought it up a couple of time. So who knows, may be it will move to the front burner.

Not sure what you mean by a "mini-CG" from the Hedgerow series. Please explain.

Cheers

George
George,

Possibly connecting scenarios from wither of the other two scenario packs with a scenario or two from this pack.

But then again, not sure in relationship to the actual ground terrain, the two other scenario packs could be linked ot this one?

Or, have three scenarios off of this map linked; play two scenarios and take the reamining OoBs from each and combine on the third scenario? Like the German's trying to hold, but also maintain a battle line while the Commonwealth troops advance.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
George,

Possibly connecting scenarios from wither of the other two scenario packs with a scenario or two from this pack.

But then again, not sure in relationship to the actual ground terrain, the two other scenario packs could be linked ot this one?

Or, have three scenarios off of this map linked; play two scenarios and take the reamining OoBs from each and combine on the third scenario? Like the German's trying to hold, but also maintain a battle line while the Commonwealth troops advance.

Kevin,

I've always been intrigued by interconnecting scenario in an overall campaign setting. But unfortunately, the Tactical Missions I've release thus far and not close enough to effect each other.

Bill Bird and I did a (long) while ago started development of something similar, it was CG spread over area of some 24 map boards (4x6); set in the Meuse Area, the Germans defended the area, while the Americans probed, attacking when necessary, with the objective to accumulate X-amount of VP; based on EVP, CVP, and LVP. The forces were similar a CG, but each side had to delegated units in play, reinforcements, and reserves.

Cheers

George

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kevin,

I've always been intrigued by interconnecting scenario in an overall campaign setting. But unfortunately, the Tactical Missions I've release thus far and not close enough to effect each other.

Bill Bird and I did a (long) while ago started development of something similar, it was CG spread over area of some 24 map boards (4x6); set in the Meuse Area, the Germans defended the area, while the Americans probed, attacking when necessary, with the objective to accumulate X-amount of VP; based on EVP, CVP, and LVP. The forces were similar a CG, but each side had to delegated units in play, reinforcements, and reserves.

Cheers

George
George,

Thanks for the reply. Your products are well worth the price and the wait for them. I want to thank you for the details in the maps as well.

Anxiously waiting for your next product while I save my funds for them.

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
George,

Thanks for the reply. Your products are well worth the price and the wait for them. I want to thank you for the details in the maps as well.

Anxiously waiting for your next product while I save my funds for them.

Hey Kevin,

I managed to finish up the Lurking Panthers map and here it is, enjoy

View attachment 46354

Last edited:

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
Hey Kevin,

I managed to finish up the Lurking Panthers map and here it is, enjoy

View attachment 46354
A VERY interesting map, George! Love the blocked-in bocage blocks, the Sunken Roads are sneaky approaches that can rapidly become deathtraps, and those Level 2 hills peppered throughout the fields(!) make this look to be a very challenging field of play. A map unlike anything I can recall seeing before. Kudos!