The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
And what happened to Psycho & Glennbo
Glennbo slammed the door of GS quite brutally two years ago.
I never really understood why he went wild that way.
Psycho is indeed active on FB - and I think that he published some new scenarios on his blog, based on a series of novels about a non existent SS unit.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
What happened to Wayne? He was quite sharp with the rules and had lots of good advice to offer.

von Marwitz

ZenRiver

Heretic
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Glennbo slammed the door of GS quite brutally two years ago.
I never really understood why he went wild that way.
Psycho is indeed active on FB - and I think that he published some new scenarios on his blog, based on a series of novels about a non existent SS unit.
From what I could tell he left for the same reasons I did. This is not a forum that is conducive to friendly innovation, growth or cooperative thought processes. The high level of negative attacks that are generated here have ripple effects on others who like the game, but whom lurk rather than post anything.

While there is some of that on Facebook as well, it is better moderated for civility so that people understand the playground has better rules of engagement. You guys have your own happy little cliche here, but it is not a very welcoming place for discussions. Blame it on the competitive nature of wargamers in general if you like, but then it only takes a few haters to ruin things for everyone. Frankly I have been in the hobby close to fifty years now, and have rarely seen as much animosity as I have witnessed openly displayed here. I find it sad, but hey it is your guys gig.

Just remember such anger always has repercussions, intended or not.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
ZenRiver comparing himself to Glenn Houseman.
Thanks for the chuckle that you gave me!
:D:D:D

ZenRiver

Heretic
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You're right, he's more like you. You both had very public departures from here, and then never actually left.
I do look in from time to time, as there are some positive posters here. I just gave up on trying to do anything positive here, as the environment is simply too toxic.

And for the record, I am not comparing myself to Glenn. Stop twisting words Swiiftsure. Typical false comparision comments on your part.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Glennbo? Since I started seriously participating on GS, I recognised G as one of the more outspoken, lively, somewhat clownish characters here. Everyone has their own online persona. Mine is the nerdish font of (hopefully useful) treadhead information, meticulous, restrained and (hopefully) polite. His was the outspoken, loud, somewhat annoying type, but well within what i would regard as normal and acceptable. In the last 6 months or a year here, his online persona changed from noisy to bitter and belligerent. That worried me, not because he was obnoxious or a possible threat to me but because it strongly hinted that something awful or at least very painful was happening in his life. From other posts it appears I was not the only one. I called him out on it, not from anger at his increasingly bitter posts, but from genuine worry and empathy at the direction he was heading. I have had my share of woes and though I never had personal contact with him, even the most superficial contact via GS made me concerned about a human in pain the other side of the world.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I was concerned too, as I really appreciated his humour.
I miss him, as I miss Da Priest and Ole Boe.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I was concerned too, as I really appreciated his humour.
I miss him, as I miss Da Priest and Ole Boe.
Both chased out by those that think they know better the usual miscreants on this forum.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Both chased out by those that think they know better the usual miscreants on this forum.
It was more complex.
I wouldn't try to find a single factor nor a scapegoat to blame for those situations (nor for each one of it taken separately).
Things can get rough over here, but about every regular poster has his part in some conflictual situations.
And in conflicts and flamewars, there always are people who "know better" on both sides - and trolls who make the best of overreactive persons.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
From what I could tell he left for the same reasons I did. This is not a forum that is conducive to friendly innovation, growth or cooperative thought processes. The high level of negative attacks that are generated here have ripple effects on others who like the game, but whom lurk rather than post anything.
IMO, there was more to it than this. -- jim