What WWI modules exist? Or Earlier? Rules Mods?

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone tried playing these WW1 scenarios?

Personally I think that maybe 1914 with some of the early battles and with some cavalry may work with ASL but Mark does have some points about it, not all of them right though. Maybe I'll read the ASL WW1 rules to see what they tweaked.
I playtested 5 or 6 of the scenarios from FTC 4 for Robert Hammond. They were a lot of fun. I concentrated on the variable unit choices as in some of the early versions where there were obvious choices. I also helped him with the Hasty Roadblock rules. Some of my favorite scenarios are ones where you choose between Groups A, B or C as it makes for tough choices for both sides and it increases Fog of War. That’s why the Festung Budapest scenarios are so good too.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Rob for the input. I also like that choose group option in scenarios. I do think very early WW1 may work where the combatants had not fully gone to trench warfare and there was still some maneuvering, some of Marks points are valid wherein the armies back then operated much like the late 1870s still, in platoon/company level. IIANM the MG was only fully realized at or near the beginning of WW1.