What would you Pay ?

What would you pay for a giant sized Historical Module ?

• $80 - $100

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • $100-$120

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • $120-$150

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Money Grows on Trees $80-$150

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters

Jay White

my sh*t is so tight
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'd be in for any KC project, especially one that uses a substantial amount of historical maps. I'm willing to playtest..

-Jay

imars

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
The idea of a whole island mapped out is cool, but probably impractical, depending on the size of the island.

Hey! Let's do Operation Olympic and put all of Kyushu out on a map! Hmmm exactly how many map boards would it take to do depict 36,000 square kilometers?

Let's see: 30 hexes x 30 hexes is 1,44 km^2. 36,000 diveded by 1,44 is 25000.

-Michael

:cheeky:

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Like a few other responses, personally I am not interested in something that large simply from a practicality perspective, i.e., space, time, playability, pricing, etc. It is just not realistic for me.

I would prefer historical modules that offer scenarios on specific parts of the battle that can be played in one sitting. That's nothing negative on CGs or the concept discussed in this thread, but at my phase of life that type of commitment is not practical. Maybe someday in the old folks home...! I hope!

Thanks for asking!

Klaus Fischer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Houlie said:
Like a few other responses, personally I am not interested in something that large simply from a practicality perspective, i.e., space, time, playability, pricing, etc. It is just not realistic for me.

I would prefer historical modules that offer scenarios on specific parts of the battle that can be played in one sitting. That's nothing negative on CGs or the concept discussed in this thread, but at my phase of life that type of commitment is not practical. Maybe someday in the old folks home...! I hope!

Thanks for asking!
This is/will be the nice part about KC. Each scenario is sized to be played in about one evening or half-a-day. After each scenario you can pack your notes and charts, put a rubber band around your card decks, and put it aside till your next playing :D
No perimeter drawing, no other stuff you have to leave set up :nuts:

The right thing for us "part time warriors";)

Klaus

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Klaus, this more "bite-sized" concept sounds very appealing to me versus the multi-map monster game. Perhaps I missed this before, but is there any projected release date for KC?

Stevedeth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
KG,

Well,

KGs whole purpose is to be able to expand. An Island is no exception. The issue with a whole Island fight is that some would not be fun for the Japanese. However if any of you want to hear of help with some ideas, you know how to find me!

SD

Klaus Fischer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Houlie said:
Klaus, this more "bite-sized" concept sounds very appealing to me versus the multi-map monster game. Perhaps I missed this before, but is there any projected release date for KC?
Unfortunately no.
But I'm very pleased that Steve and Chas understand it is better to have KC out later and ensure the concept is right on from the beginning. We want to avoid any versioning ala PL.
Christian and I are very satisfied with the current rules version. Once we have it polished (hopefully over the weekend) we'll send it to the PT team and several "would like to be designers" to see what they think.
Right now I personally envison a realease in early to mid 06.
Ciao

Klaus

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
first thing, with the dollar so bad/good i can afford anything from the US right now :>)

secondly, it's fantastic to see the feedback on KC (especially after getting RBF2 which i found rather disappointing)

i really think that the bulge would be a great module for KC. the interaction of paras, english speaking germans, deep thrusting KG's (!) weather and the ebb and flow of the bulge fighting are perfect for KC. (and i'm no fan of the bulge)

b e n