What would you like to see on Warfare HQ?

Chuck?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tiberius said:
Check out the 'scenarios' section at the blitz or rugged defense. The results of the different games and the feedback of the players is searchable by scenario. So for instance you can see that there have been 15 German OVs and only one allied victory in Kasserin '43 (TOAW)for example. (made up stats). There have been a lot of games played at HQs TOAW ladder. It would be nice to get the additional statistical feed-back.
It would be interesting to see the ratings of the scenarios for overall enjoyment and balance. We always select these when matches are reported but I don't think they are displayed anywhere. Also the ability to sort information on the ladder by scenario, player, ect would be another nice feature to add.

:clap:

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
laszlo.nemedi said:
And I want to buy a Warfare HQ T-shirt, I want... :mad:
What would you like to see? T-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, hats, mugs, bumper stickers, our own beer? Remember, I'm limited to a degree on what I can reasonably afford to do up front. Which is the most important? What's a reasonable price? I don't want to be stuck with 500 t-shirts...

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
Don Maddox said:
What would you like to see? T-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, hats, mugs, bumper stickers, our own beer? Remember, I'm limited to a degree on what I can reasonably afford to do up front. Which is the most important? What's a reasonable price? I don't want to be stuck with 500 t-shirts...

I would like to see a few bumper stickers with some funny phrases for $2
example: "I would rather be wargaming" :cheeky:

laszlo.nemedi

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
Don Maddox said:
Oops, too many options? The others who would like to buy, tell your option.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'd love a hat. And I'd add my considerable professional expertise to assist in quality assurance in regards to the WFHQ microbrewery....

Cheetah772

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello,

I have a question, why aren't Total war game series introduced to the WarfareHQ?

I'm just curious, the Total war series are very popular and they ARE war games, a mixture of turn-based strategy with realtime 3D battlefields. You can easily have over 10,000 troops on the battlefield all ready to do your Emperor's bidding...hehe...

At one point, my enemy and I had over 30,000 troops, more than 15,000 of them were slaughtered...it was a sight to behold! I highly recommend the Total War series! I promise you all will fall in love with them!

Dan :D

Cheetah772

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lt. Dan said:
Why not also add Battlefield 1942?
Oh please! That's not a war game, that's an action game! It's so unrealistic, and just plain dumb...I don't like it....but then I'm just baised... :D

Dan

Lt. Dan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Considering that there's around 10,000 people playing the game at any one time, adding BF1942 could mean getting alot more people to come and join the website.

Lt. Dan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There's only a handful of people that play those board games that are featured on this website. BF1942 is a war game that lets you fight some of the greatest battles in history. If you played the game for a while, you'd find yourself in some very life-like and exciting combat.

Hundreds of thousands if not millions of people play this game all over the world. Many of them are history buffs and intellectuals like the people in this forum. This game has the potential to draw thousands of more gamers to this website. That's why we need it.

screamer

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
maybe but i think many of the 14year old might be scared off by 2d wargames. even if we have a BF42 section.
and if the wild think ''hey that might be fun, wargames'' the probaly can't get as they are out of print or onlia availeble via internet

Lt. Dan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We can talk about 2d wargames, we can talk about out of print board games, but that's not the issue here. The issue is getting more people to get to the website. Who cares if these 21st century war gamers don't want to play the other ganes, at least their coming to the website looking at all the cool BF stuff, and posting on these forums.

The BF1942 community is not solely composed of young teenage gamers. Many are adults like the people on this forum. That's who we should go after.

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lt. Dan said:
Considering that there's around 10,000 people playing the game at any one time, adding BF1942 could mean getting alot more people to come and join the website.
I agree. Many players of BF1942 and even Total War may have never even considered SPWAW, Combat Mission or similiar games because they have never mixed with those who play them. Might be nice for them to see another aspect of wargaming and see that there are people who enjoy these type games as well as FPS, RTS games.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok, here's the thing.

WFHQ would consider hosting almost any 'real' wargame, if the interest from the members-at-large warranted the creation of the section, and if we had a couple of good candidates that would make good section leaders - taking the time and effort required to keep things rolling, and the section fresh. (And by real wargames, I mean that you'll likely never see a 'Warcraft III' section, or pretty much any game that falls under the category of 'twitch-fest').

But these decisions will be carefully thought over, and not done spur of the moment. WFHQ's members generally are very appreciative of what we have here. What first attracted me to this club was the intelligence and maturity of the membership, followed by the quality of the content. The community here is the most supportive I've ever seen, and finding such a group of like-minded individuals... Well, let's just say that WFHQ has been a one-of-a-kind site for me. And I know that many others feel the same way.

Personally, and speaking for myself only, if I ever saw WFHQ overrun by the typical 'brat-pack' type, I'd be outta here so fast my beer in the Officer's Club would still be half full... We *don't* want to support any games merely for the point of saying 'Ya, look how many people play this! We could increase traffic!'

Traffic is nice, but it's secondary.

Preserving what we have here, maintaining what this club is, and what it means to it's current membership, while supporting the games that said membership plays; well, that's what we're all about!

Now don't take any of this wrong. I'm not saying anything like 'RTS games suck/turn based games rule, teenagers are evil, we only want certain types of games/people here', nothing like any of that! Hell, the diversity of WFHQ is part of what makes it great!

But change for change's sake alone is not necessarily good. Getting excited about a bunch of games mentioned in a thread and adding in several new sections isn't good either. These things need to be thought through carefully before we'll even consider implementing them!

So, if you gents are serious about all this, then certainly, we're listening. But to help you out, start talking about these things:

Is this really a wargame? Do people here play it? Enough to warrant creating a new section? Out of the people that do play this game here, are there several (willing!) candidates to staff this section? Does the section have a purpose; will it have content and value? Or are we just throwing up another generic forum section? What can we offer here?

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If the community can work it's way through all that, and come up with the right answers; well, that's how new sections are born!

So, it's up to you from here, boys! Have at it!

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I like so much this club that i'm ready to give bucks/Euros to help Don to maintain it.

Ladder could be enhanced true.

I aggree too with mantis keep the high quality level of discussion we have here. It permits as well as posting humour as having good political exchange and all people coming from all countries could speak freely and with respect for each other.

On my own I have published on TAOW section an article about modern french army OOB and I will continue in coming months with other modern armies I was interested with.
But it could be a beginninng to have a zone where we can share our OOB's and TO&E not only for TOAW but for other gamas as campaign series etc...
It could help all this WEB community for creating new scenarii as it could be for WW1, WW2, Colonial wars, hypothetics !!

Der Wanderer

Priest

Reaction score
Lt. Dan said:
I guess that the biggest question is can the server here at WHQ handle that load plus the other tasks that it has to do.