What would you like to see on Warfare HQ?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I guess it's that time again. We start a thread like this about once a year and let it run for a while. This is your chance to tell us what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. Here are some topics I would like your feedback on, but feel free to post on any area you're interested in:

1. Are we covering the right wargames? What would you like to see added? What would you like to see go away? Be specific please.

2. What do you think of the ladders? Are they easy to understand? Do they present you with the information you need?

3. Website layout. Is the website easy for you to navigate? Is there enough information presented to the members to answer you questions? Does the website look good and is it easy to use?

4. The forum. The good, the bad, the ugly?

5. What would you like to see us do now that we don't do?

6. How useful do you find the misc sections of the website such as the reviews, interviews, and AARs? Is the general wargaming news of interest to you?

7. What do you think of the general environment at Warfare HQ? Are our membership rules and guidelines fair and do they make sense? Is this a friendly place?

8. What makes you come back to Warfare HQ? How can we make it better?

MikeJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
2. They're easy to understand, but there are a lot of features I'd like to see added. I believe Siberian HEAT started a thread about it a while ago and many people made good suggestions.. the basic consensus was that the Blitz and Rugged Defence have ladders that offer more informations (and it's easier to access - for example if I wanted to find all games played for a certain scenario, there's no way to do that except to go through every single player's history and look).

Everything else is kosher for me.

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
3. Im a new member and the instructions on how to get started seem a little vague. Would like to see a few steps on how to get started. :confused:
Other than that I like the site and can't wait to get involved with the Campaign Series end of things.
SoccerDJ

Tiberius

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm with MikeJ in terms of wanting some more in the way of ladder stats.
It's be really nice to get a breakdown of the results of the different scenarios. It's really a drag to get stuck with a scenario that's really unbalanced. It would also be great to see some inter site stat sharing. Pooling the information would be really great.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
This is an important thread guys. We would like to see feedback from as many members as possible.

vatech

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I came across this site when I was searching for a new game to pick up. I keep coming back because I like to check up on what is going on with TOAW and the Campaign series games. Though I'm not currently playing any TOAW/Campaign series games, I still enjoy knowing that many around the world are.

With that said, in answering which other games I would like to see covered, I would mention Panzer Campaigns. I see that the campaign series is covered, but Panzer Campaigns is not.

I enjoy reading through the discussions that take place and I have found that many of the posts are very helpful in regards to TOAW and the campaign series.

Just my two cents.

Chris

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like the site and the forums. I would like to see the ability to add custom avatars. Also, maybe a "Collaboration" section? I would think that an integrated php chat room would be beneficial to those in need of specific tutoring or collaboration on a specific project? I know there are many php chat programs out there - hey, maybe run a "Teamspeak" server so members can hook-up and play against one another or do the same thing as with the chat programs,...collaborate!

I would be willing to pay like $5 US a year for an added feature like that, and I bet quite a few others would as well - should help pay for the server bandwidth...:D

Wolf

Reaction score
Country
ll
SoccerDJ said:
3. Im a new member and the instructions on how to get started seem a little vague. Would like to see a few steps on how to get started. :confused:
Other than that I like the site and can't wait to get involved with the Campaign Series end of things.
SoccerDJ
Would a few "Training Officers" be an idea? if so I'll volunteer for CS and TOAW.

GunnerC

Reaction score
Country
ll
As a TOAW player (mainly) I'd appreciate a database of recommended and not-recommended scenarios. There are quite a few out there that are very unbalanced and frankly not worth opening up.

Some sort of scenario analysis depot would be good, which could include a history of results (summarised), comments from players (perhaps allocating numeric values to enjoyment, balance, playability, chance to use different stratregies an tactics, etc.). Such ratings could be averaged.

Ideal too would be to hold recommended and possible house rules against the scenarios that recommend them.

Possibly it would need moderating to avoid 'spaming' against particular designer's scenarios.

Just a few random thoughts ... :D

printshop

Reaction score
Country
llEgypt
I last visited this site (but did not register) about 6 - 7 months ago. I really like the new look and layout.

I'd like to see you add a Panzer Campaings ladder since those are about the only games I play.

[nzn]

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
3. Website layout. Is the website easy for you to navigate? Is there enough information presented to the members to answer you questions? Does the website look good and is it easy to use?

I have to go back to the front page too often. I would like to see links to the 'submit' & different info pages from the forum section (right from here) :)

Boromir

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
--
Integrate the forum account and ladder account into one.

That might make things easier for everybody.

99-Blue White Orange forever

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
We're still looking for additional feedback for this thread. Input from both old timers as well as newbies is appreciated. This is your club after all. This is your chance to help shape it and get your ideas on the board.

*Integrated form/member accounts - We would like to do this, however, it would take a professional programmer to do this for us. The forum would need to be hacked and the ladder program significantly changed as well. I'm not ruling it out, but we would need some significant help to make this happen.

*Panzer Campaigns - Several of you have mentioned this. We had a PC section at one time and no one was interested. We're not opposed to it, but there would have to be a demonstrated demand. We would also need qualified members to volunteer for staff positions before I would even consider it.

*Additional FAQ and info - We're working on it.

*More tournaments - We're working on it.

*Monthly newsletter/ezine - A possibility. We talked about it some time ago. Again, I would need a staff to volunteer for this before I would consider it. I'm not going to do it if it is going to be half-assed or fade away after the first few issues.

*More stats on the ladders - Please be specific here about what you would like to see. Which stats? In what format? Pete (Scipio) needs specific ideas before he can think about making any changes.

*Warfare HQ shop - We've talked about it. I'm not sure how much demand there is for Warfare HQ t-shirts and other stuff. You tell us. If there is sufficient demand we will seriously consider it.

Wolf

Reaction score
Country
ll
Don Maddox said:
We're still looking for additional feedback for this thread. Input from both old timers as well as newbies is appreciated. This is your club after all. This is your chance to help shape it and get your ideas on the board.

*Integrated form/member accounts - We would like to do this, however, it would take a professional programmer to do this for us. The forum would need to be hacked and the ladder program significantly changed as well. I'm not ruling it out, but we would need some significant help to make this happen.

*Panzer Campaigns - Several of you have mentioned this. We had a PC section at one time and no one was interested. We're not opposed to it, but there would have to be a demonstrated demand. We would also need qualified members to volunteer for staff positions before I would even consider it.

*Additional FAQ and info - We're working on it.

*More tournaments - We're working on it.

*Monthly newsletter/ezine - A possibility. We talked about it some time ago. Again, I would need a staff to volunteer for this before I would consider it. I'm not going to do it if it is going to be half-assed or fade away after the first few issues.

*More stats on the ladders - Please be specific here about what you would like to see. Which stats? In what format? Pete (Scipio) needs specific ideas before he can think about making any changes.

*Warfare HQ shop - We've talked about it. I'm not sure how much demand there is for Warfare HQ t-shirts and other stuff. You tell us. If there is sufficient demand we will seriously consider it.
Don, Any thoughts on my suggestion for designated Training Officers to help the newbies?

Tiberius

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don Maddox said:
Check out the 'scenarios' section at the blitz or rugged defense. The results of the different games and the feedback of the players is searchable by scenario. So for instance you can see that there have been 15 German OVs and only one allied victory in Kasserin '43 (TOAW)for example. (made up stats). There have been a lot of games played at HQs TOAW ladder. It would be nice to get the additional statistical feed-back.