What was this all about at BFC

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It looks like Mord withdrew something, but it was bad enough that Steve had to step in. I also noted Steve throwing an insult MD's way, I think. That's as specific as I can get.

wengart

Reaction score
Country
ll
It might not be a fair and balanced reaction, but there was a reaction.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
It wasn't in reference to me, or this forum.

Let's move on.

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't care about whom he is talking, when Steve comes out with this:

"His opinions are irrelevant as he himself is. Thankfully that means he has no influence over anything except his small fan base."

Steve is arrogant, insulting and does nothing for his business but build more bad will--except possibly firing up his already out of control in-house bash brigade.

Oh--by the way: If it was true, there would be zero need or reason to say it.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I don't care about whom he is talking, when Steve comes out with this:

"His opinions are irrelevant as he himself is. Thankfully that means he has no influence over anything except his small fan base."

Steve is arrogant, insulting and does nothing for his business but build more bad will--except possibly firing up his already out of control in-house bash brigade.

Oh--by the way: If it was true, there would be zero need or reason to say it.
I was a piper in our regimental pipes and drums for nine years; there was a pipe major that was talked about a lot who spent very little time building community good will, as you mention. He built himself up, wrote long memos to superiors about how he should be in charge of Army piping in all of western Canada, tried to showcase our band by writing letters to editors of magazines in other parts of Canada, often with an insulting tone, pretty much demanding that people pay attention to him and his efforts, etc. It really didn't get anywhere. No one responded to his attempts to get attention, and at the end of the day, the band didn't respond to his leadership. He didn't have the personal musical talent - others in the band certainly did, from what I am told, but he was never able to harness it. No one responded to his style of leadership.

I am no longer in the band, but they now have a pipe major who is quite the opposite. He reaches out respectfully to other bands in the community, builds up others as much as he builds up within his own band, and the results are immediately apparent. Not only has the band done well in competition, but they are well respected, have put out a successful recording, and are recruiting in good numbers. It's like night and day.

I think those kinds of lessons translate well, be it business, the music world, or whatever, but that's just me.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also note I see no official warning issued .
That is what this is:

Be careful about flaming "Dudley".
Either it is a warning for him to calm down or it is warning that "Dudley" may come after him for his comments. Since I didn't see Mords comments I will assume the former not the latter. Without seeing what Mord said it is hard to tell if the suggestion to be careful was strong enough or not. In other words, without knowing the severity of the initial comment it is difficult to tell if the very very light admonishment was enough.

This is not to say that there is not, at times, a double standard...I am only speaking about this post.

Quellist

Reaction score
Country
llCuba
Do we really need to start these kinds of gossip threads about what one of the fanbois might or might not have said?

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Do we really need to start these kinds of gossip threads about what one of the fanbois might or might not have said?
Emphatically: no. The matter was dealt with on the other forum - I have no idea why it was even brought up here.

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was on a public forum, I missed it. I just wanted to know what suddenly happened. Can I only discuss things that concern me directly? I must have missed the G-man's memo on that.

This forum will get kind of empty quickly here.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was on a public forum, I missed it. I just wanted to know what suddenly happened. Can I only discuss things that concern me directly? I must have missed the G-man's memo on that.

This forum will get kind of empty quickly here.

I'll talk about you if you want....You have very pretty eyes and a winning smile.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I was just wondering what it was all about.
I don't think it was a big deal. It appeared to be in reference to something that was said here, which on reflection was edited a wee while later after Steve stepped in. Actually I see it as a bit of positive Modding, stopped something early that may have got out of hand.

I also take the view that guys here have a definite right to discuss what gets said on an official forum for CM. However, there's not much point reading anything into this particular one as its not there anymore.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I didn't bother to read whatever this was about but:
Do we really need to start these kinds of gossip threads...
No, but can we if we want, yes.
This is public forum & not a company controlled "public" forum. If someone doesn't like a certain topic don't respond in it, let it die the natural death of no interest. (I know I shouldn't have posted myself...)

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

This is public forum & not a company controlled "public" forum. If someone doesn't like a certain topic don't respond in it, let it die the natural death of no interest. (I know I shouldn't have posted myself...)
You have nice eyes too.

Quellist

Reaction score
Country
llCuba

I'm not saying we can't, actually I think it is perfectly fine behavior... for adolescent girls.
I'm asking if we should, if this is the only truly open forum about CM why not try to take advantage of the high ceiling instead of keeping it in the gutter and giving Steve some water on his wheel to boot.

Last edited: