What was the weirdest thing that ever happened in your RPG game?

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There is a difference between an author or film maker writing or filming a scene with a personage of particular evil nature.

It's a diberate bit of artistic creation, and no one is overly worried that the artist is "disturbed".

But, how do you regard a person, that goes through a college course, doing average, but on the day of finals, skips out to play an online rolegame?
Same person engages in similar activities to a point where his wife of 3 years divorces him.
Same person now, without any actual friends, ends up alone, single not really going anywhere, and can actually spend 1k on a suit of "genuine" leather armour for LARPing.

That individual is a pathetic sorry excuse of a loser. No way of sugar coating it better.

He's got a thing for Vampire Larp. He's also got something missing between his ears.

He drops by maybe once at random in 1.5 to 2 years totally out of the blue.
I met him thanks to playing Magic the Gathering with him, his then wife and some locals.
Everytime he shows up though, he makes me feel awkward.
The guy is clearly a loser, but he seems oblivious to his reality.

He could easily see the interest in playing an "evil" campaign. Myself, I won't really see any worth in gaming an "evil" campaign.

The second your PC goes genuinely "evil" he's no longer your PC, he belongs to the game, here's a fresh PC record sheet, what are you going to play next?

I'm just not going to waste time pretending you being evil is practical in game terms.

I'd rather sit next to a guy that enjoys roleplaying in an anime based RPG as Sailormoon :)
He's not nearly as weird as people that like "evil" campaigns.

Mordrig

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have to disgree with you on this. I have a friend who plays one of the most evil characters I have seen, this character wouldn't think twice about killing an entire village for his goddess. Sacrifice? No problem, the character is evil. I don't run the campaign, I play in it.

This same guy has another character in another campaign that I run, this character is as good as they come. He wouldn't kill a diseased flea if he could save it. If someone needs help he will help them immediately. his character gives to charity, helps the poor and drives away monsters and others of evil character.

The idea that evil is wrong to roleplay is incorrect, do not let it affect your reality, do not get too into the chatacter, but remember it is a game. Roleplay what you like but never forget it is a game. It is there for fun and if you can have fun being an evil character do so.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I have another story about him once I hear comments on this one. :D
OK here's the other one:

A couple of weeks later we meet up with the dude to play again. This time Trey is running the game. We end up in a house. Pete's character goes upstairs with mine and we check around. The :freak: dude looks around on the ground floor.

Trey tells :freak: boy that he opens a bathroom door and there is a 3 year old girl hiding in there. He says "I'll rape her!" We start complaining and say we are going to shoot him. He starts whining things like "It's just a game, nobody's really getting hurt, blah, blah, blah." We bitch at him and tell him what a sick f**k he is but finally Trey tells us that our characters are upstairs and don't know what's going on. :mad:

Waste of Sperm starts smirking until Trey tells us that we hear a little girl screaming. :hurray: We tear downstairs and are told we see sh!thead pulling his pants up and the little girl crying. We turn him into Swiss cheese and he whines and whines and says he doesn't want to play with us anymore. :hissyfit: Aw, that's a shame. :rolleyes:

We saw him one more time while at a frat kegger but didn't waste any time socializing with him. :D

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In my world as GM that guy & his involvment in the game would have ended when he said, "I'll rape her."

End of story, no need for disgusting stuff like that in a RP GAME especially in mine.

Ed B

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Weirdness aplenty from a long time ago in a far away place...
-Players are doing a job for an artic people - taking out the nearby Frost Giant King in his castle. The king and rest of his giant family escape into the "safe room" that the party cannot for the life of them find. The whole point of the adventure was to kill him because if he escapes he will send for allies and reinforcements and exact a horrible toll on the party's employers. The Cleric decides to cast an augury to help formulate Plan B. Unfortunately they need a small animal. Heads turn, nothing here except for the penguin upon whom the Druid has cast Friends. The Druid quickly groks the situation and takes up a defensive position in front of the penguin.
Hold spells lash out and embrace the Druid. The strongest Fighter picks up the Druid, takes him outside the room and sets him down like he is defending the door. Inside the rest of the party chases down the penguin who becomes Augury Chow. The Hold wears off on the Druid and he storms into the room ready to avenge his dear departed featherless fowl friend. The penguin corpse, as a spell component, has disappeared. The Cleric casts a reverse Detect Lie - Undetectable Lie - and tells the Druid he couldn't catch the penguin (his DEX was an 8) and it escaped their nature hating clutches. It went that-a-way - the direction the augury told them was best to find the Giant King. It is the magically perfectly and the Druid buys it hook, line and stinker. Everyone satisfied, they head off to complete their quest.
So how many spells does it take to kill a penguin?

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is the story of Gorthon the dwarf who after years of amazing escapes and adventures went back to clean out a old used up dungeon, ran across a wandering carrion crawler who needed and rolled a 20 to hit Gorthon then Gorthon failed his saving throw which was a 1 to fail and died a lonely death. It was my friends character in my campaign & he didn't want to roll up a new character after that so we quit playing.

Sniff,:cry: Here's to Gorthon,:cry:
Bob

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is the story of Gorthon the dwarf who after years of amazing escapes and adventures went back to clean out a old used up dungeon, ran across a wandering carrion crawler who needed and rolled a 20 to hit Gorthon then Gorthon failed his saving throw which was a 1 to fail and died a lonely death. It was my friends character in my campaign & he didn't want to roll up a new character after that so we quit playing.

Sniff,:cry: Here's to Gorthon,:cry:
Bob
Some 'Mighty Grofaz', always whining about dice. ;) If you're just not a very good player, admit it. :clown:

Ed B

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, weirdest thing ever...
It started with the newbie magic user (NG) annoying the chaotic illusionist (CN), pushed him beyond his last nerve. One day in their travels the party finds a stash of cybernetic artificial limbs. The illusionist encountered similar items on his very first adventure and had spent every spare moment doing research on the subject; he was so thrilled. The MU just didn't get how this was a good thing. It was the last insult - to the illusionist good and evil weren't important, its what I WANT! To show him how this could be a good thing the illusionist says he will demonstrate. Misleading the MU, he tricks him into trusting him. To everyone's shock and horror, unexpectedly the illusionist removes the MU's right arm. "I am the only one capable of fixing you right now", says the illusionist, "you really have to trust me!" Mwahahaha! All his studies allow the Illusionist, with proper STs, to replace the MU's arm that, with proper exercise and physical therapy, will be as functional as the one he just lost.
Now the Illusionist starts jacking with the MU. He says the arm has all kinds of special powers that he will be able to eventually use with practice. But be very careful because you don't want to accidentally trigger the built in death ray!
Once at their destination the group starts exploring some ruins where an important artifact was lost. Almost to the conclusion they round the corner and meet the Dungeon Boss - a shoggoth. The players are panicked, they know they may not be able to defeat it and oh yes either way there will be blood and death. As they are deciding where to run the MU says "I'm going to try to use my Death Ray on it". I feel a note thrust into my hand by the Illusionist player - it says "It works". Here is a mid level MU (maybe 5th-6th level?) facing down a 23+ HD monster with massive MR, etc. with a delusion and then an illusion. The illusionist casts an Improved Phantasmal Force. A deadly looking beam blasts from the MUs artificial arm. First there is the critter's Magic Resistance. It's a sure thing the spell won't get through. The % dice are rolled - 00, the spell penetrates. Then there is the saving throw, of course it is a 1. SPLAT, the monster is blown to smithereens. Everyone is in shock except the Illusionist who is literally on the floor rolling with laughter. The MU is pleased then terrified! He spends the rest of the adventure with his arm pointing in a "safe" direction. To this day I don't think he ever found out he didn't really have a Death Ray in his arm. Most of the other players never figured it out what really happened either.

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My Barbarian got offed and reincarnated as yellow mold:cry: Itold the DM that I would play it if he let me have some concious movement he said no so I successfully argued that my reincarnation should be done on the random language table instead... and I got a Gold Dragon:eek: (one extreme to the other)