What was the first board-based wargame you owned?

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This memory sticks very well because my family was in the process of moving from Calgary, Canada to Cairo, Egypt.
Well, that might be a heck of a lot of sand, but as an Edmonton native, I can see why anyplace might look good after living in Cowtown!

:laugh:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
TR, somewhere in the late 70s. Not the first game I played, mind you, but my first boardgame gift/purchase.

First wargame I purchased myself was Colonial Conquest for my Commie 64. LOVED that game. Would still play it today.

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, that might be a heck of a lot of sand, but as an Edmonton native, I can see why anyplace might look good after living in Cowtown!

:laugh:
My bro lives in Edmonton. I think both cities are pretty nice places actually.

I think it was the first week of Feb. and we had a cold snap here in Michigan, several days below 0 F. I was laughing when I checked temps in Edmonton and they were like 50 F.

Global warming will make Alberta quite attractive!

JT

traygreen

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Tray
Country
llUnited States
Victory in the Pacific - Avalon Hill, followed by Submarine then probably the SPI version of Panzer Army Africa

ScoobySnacks

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
My first wargame was either risk or stratego. Actually Stratego was my prize for demo-ing a MB game (we lived a mile or two from the factory and have family that still works there).
My first AH title was Ambush (actually Statis Pro Baseball, but you said wargame).
I've actually only owned AH or MB war board games.