What TV series are you watching these days?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Staff member
Administrator
First name
Don
I'm talking about series that are currently running on TV, not old stuff from way back. I'm looking for some new stuff to watch, so what's good?

Right now I'm watching Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and Spartacus.

Pdqport

1st Caveman Superhero
Sons of Anarchy right now. I watch Justified regularly too, but I don't think that's back until January. Now that Breaking Bad is on Netflix, I'm going to start in with that.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Life on Mars on DVD.
A British cop show about a cop who is hit by a car and wakes up in 1973 Manchester. So far, it isn't clear if this is reality or a coma dream. Brilliant show.
(The title is a Bowie reference - so far, the show has nothing to do with the planet)

Pdqport

1st Caveman Superhero
Is that any good? I've been thinking about checking that one out.
I've stuck with it for 3 seasons, now starting the 4th. It's one of the handful of shows that I'm willing to buy through iTunes so I can watch the current episodes. There's a great ensemble cast and the quality of the acting is fantastic. The story telling can be uneven, but every time I see an episode that makes me think it's gone off the rails, they seem to follow it up with something amazing and I'm right back into it.

Morbii

Supreme Misanthropist
Life on Mars on DVD.
A British cop show about a cop who is hit by a car and wakes up in 1973 Manchester. So far, it isn't clear if this is reality or a coma dream. Brilliant show.
(The title is a Bowie reference - so far, the show has nothing to do with the planet)
Great show, but no longer on the air. American remake was so-so, but the finale was actually much different, which was interesting.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Lost Girl. Rubbish, but very watchable. Interestingly, although it features a sexy succubus, it's ok to I'm front of the kids.
Doctor Who, very good.
Outnumbered. If you have kids, it's brilliant. The writer, Andy Hamikton, is excellent with sharp witty dialogue.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Staff member
Administrator
First name
Don
House, which may be waning.
No, it is waning. He used to be cool and edgy, now they've morphed him into an emotional train wreck that no one really takes seriously any more. I liked him a lot better when he was a horse's ass with the keys to the kingdom.

Pdqport

1st Caveman Superhero
No, it is waning. He used to be cool and edgy, now they've morphed him into an emotional train wreck that no one really takes seriously any more. I liked him a lot better when he was a horse's ass with the keys to the kingdom.
Plus no more Cuddy. She was his best foil.

Blackcloud6

I agree. More episodes of him in prison would have been good and break from the routine.

Scott Tortorice

Administrator
I can't believe people still watch TV. :D With the exception of the news, I don't even turn it on anymore. It's all so dreadful. Even Game of Thrones turned out to be juvenile clap-trap.

Gaming, TV, even literature...it's all imploding. We're doomed to being force fed unimaginative, mass produced rubbish. That's not to say that there isn't an occasional piece of quality material that slips through, but it is becoming so increasingly rare that I've lost interest in looking for it.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Started watching "Frozen Planet". It's the new Attenborough nature series and is, of course, excellent.