What Topic Don't You Want to See Done in ASL

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay we've seen all wishlists for what people WANT to see, but what about what you don't want to see?

Besides the Warsaw Ghetto Massacre which has been discussed to death..

Theatres or Battles that you have absolutely no interest in seeing done in ASL or as HASL or HSASL..

For me it's the Aleutians. How can that be interesting to game? No visibility, tons and tons of snow, seems like it would be a huge challenge to make this a viable game situation. But that's just me..what about you?

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now that Budapast, Manila, and Ortona are in the works, please no more urban fight HASLs. :shy:

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I dont want to see an Action Pack built around ESG "assboards". -- jim

Ruarigh

Born-again Viking
Reaction score
Country
llPeru
I don't want to see any more scenarios with 667s, 658s and 747s. I like 2nd line and conscript troops (or Italians) so more of that and fewer elites.

In terms of theatres, I have absolutely no interest in the Pacific theatre and really don't want to see any more material for that. Desert good, jungle bad! :)

Cheers,
Ruarigh

Portal

The Eminem of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Would love to play some Aleutian stuff. Interesting, non-vanilla ASL!

swellington

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't want to see World War I or 1960s-1970s Vietnam.
I agree sorta, I wouldnt mind seeing these things done but not as part of ASL, maybe by MMP as a different game with some system similarities. But i would not like to see Ethiopia, Yugoslavia, Mongolian, Alutetian CG's. And those Unit specific Scenario packs are not in my interest although im sure there are some gems in those packs.

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't think of any setting that I wouldn't like to see. I think ASL could work with anything from the Plains Indian wars up through the current day.

I'm not a big fan of hypothetical situations, however...

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay we've seen all wishlists for what people WANT to see, but what about what you don't want to see?

For me it's the Aleutians. How can that be interesting to game? No visibility, tons and tons of snow, seems like it would be a huge challenge to make this a viable game situation. But that's just me..what about you?
Dang you Brian! And I was gonna do an Aleutians HASL featuring Eskimos acting as Partisans. Dang you. Dang you I say! :clown:

No more projects on Arnhem. My ancestors are Dutch but this battle has been done to death several times over....

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

I want to see d20 ASL

I dont want to see alternative WWII ASL. Whats next? A Detroit CG called into the Auto Factory?

Scott

DerBlitzer

Reaction score
Country
llTurkey
I don't want to see World War I or 1960s-1970s Vietnam.
Actually, I'd be interested in both of these. But didn't someone already do a 1918 scenario?

I would not want to see sci-fi ASL, however. :alien::nada: We already have zombies. :scream::stop:

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Nothing outside of say 1935 - 1956.

Before that the squad was not the primary unit of maneuver.

After that military technology had advanced beyond the ability of ASL to represent.

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now that Budapast, Manila, and Ortona are in the works, please no more urban fight HASLs. :shy:
Ditto! No more buildings, rubble, debris, thick smoke, +6DRM stuff...Give us some open ground, some good tank country!

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No more desert/night scenarios mixed into packs/HASL. Roar shows virtually no one plays them.

I would like Vietnam, jungle action, more firepower, a fight against evil communists... PTO - Wake island, Saipan...

Rich