What Topic Don't You Want to See Done in ASL

BobO

Argentine Dove Hunter
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

I want to see d20 ASL

I dont want to see alternative WWII ASL. Whats next? A Detroit CG called into the Auto Factory?

Scott

You think Stalingrad was brutal... wait till you see inner city Detroit squads and their MOL capabilities.

Hovned31

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wars of the Reformation. I'm just not very happy with the way that Tercios handle using ASL rules.

Ruarigh

Born-again Viking
Reaction score
Country
llPeru
No more desert/night scenarios mixed into packs/HASL. Roar shows virtually no one plays them.

I would like Vietnam, jungle action, more firepower, a fight against evil communists... PTO - Wake island, Saipan...

Rich
Sounds like you want everything I am fed up of seeing, and don't want the stuff I do want! I love the desert and think that there should be more desert and less jungle, but I have never habitually posted my results to ROAR. Oh well, I know whose interests are more likely to be catered to. :cry:

Cheers,
Ruarigh

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
No more US paratroops in Normandy. Not hugely keen on Eastern Front stuff either (heresy!)
Everything else, bring it on.

ScoobySnacks

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
Anything outside WW2

I think Market Garden has pretty much been done to death. Stalingrad can see a nice break for a while with the release of VotG.

pdutram

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, I'd be interested in both of these. But didn't someone already do a 1918 scenario?
Four of them in fact:
Breakout (Belgium)
First Sting (East Africa)
The Fox's First Bite (Argonne)
Teufelhunden (Belleau Wood)

See the first four entries in the Master ASL Scenario Listing for details.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Chinese Civil War and Korea are probably a bit bigger hangovers than the 1948 war!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:)Stick to the venue that SL/ASL was originally created for: WW-II! Spain?Well it was so much of a pre-cursor (a primer for tactics as it were) for WWII, I don't see how this could be excluded. Same goes for Russo-Japanese and Chinese-Japananese conflicts of the late 30's. Chinese Civil War, Communist insurgencies in Greece and Yougoslavia, Korea, Post WW-II French Indo-China etc could be done with comparative ease, but stay away from these as "Official" packs as the scope of the project doesn't seem to suggest this is where the designers were headed. :stop:

However, I wasn't one of the guys putting this thing together and I don't know for certain what their long term goals were. For myself, though these are interesting conflicts from a historical perspective, I would not be inclined to spend money or time on such projects.:paperbag:

Well you did ask!

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

As waird as it may seem, the Iraqi war conflict 2003 to now can possibly be gamed using ASL since most of the actions have been infantry. On the other hand, I would personally find it kind of waird gaming in a conflict I was actually in.

Scott

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:smoke: Well, never used ASL as it was simply too much to drag around, but did use similar games to help "ADVISE" my IQ counterparts and CDRs on tactics, planning, and get them to realize potential pitfalls of operations. The AC General scenarios were enjoyed by one and all and used frequently. We even used the game ToA during a Leadership Developement course for them to explain "Cordon & Serach".

But I agree! Not too much intrest there for me to have ASL reflect more modren actions - at least to play them. More interested in the history of the usual situations (And I'm a WW-II nut!).:nuts:

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

As waird as it may seem, the Iraqi war conflict 2003 to now can possibly be gamed using ASL since most of the actions have been infantry. On the other hand, I would personally find it kind of waird gaming in a conflict I was actually in.

Scott
Weren't you a guard?

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Weren't you a guard?"

While I am the first to make fun of Holst for his leg, MP status please keep in mind that this conflict has been tough on almost all military jobs.

The time away from home is worth our respect, regardless of combat role.

Now back to standard Holst bashing. :)

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Chinese Civil War and Korea are probably a bit bigger hangovers than the 1948 war!
Oops, forgot those! Guess I've got G48 on my mind. Yes, I agree that those conflicts also fit into my "hangover" category, and I would like to see them all -- at some point off in the future -- as MMP ASL products.

Alan

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another vote for no more Market-Garden, at least for a few years.

Bring on Spanish Civil War and Korea! :D

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

Scott
That is my problem with Viet Nam.