What to get and when...

Superstar

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I own 1st ed of ASL together with Beyond Valor, Yanks and Partisans. How shall I continue? Buy ASL 2nd ed when it gets from the printers? Buy Code of Bushido. Help me out will you?

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Code of Bushido will be an excellent choice but spendy as you are going to have to buy it off e-bay for example as it is OOP. I would suggest FKAC for the British from http://www.gamersarmory.com

2nd edition is certainly the most up to date way for rules but your 1st edition with the errata pages from

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/ASL/aslqa.php

near the bottom of the page will make your 1st edition quite up to date and useful. The 2nd edition though has better charts.

Keith

da priest

Reaction score
Several issues arise, what boards do you have? Do you like them? If so and you don't want the next gen boards(thin cardboard), then run to MMP and get everything in stock, and go to e-bay and finish off the list.

Next FKaC is good, but WoA is better, go to e-bay and get it.

CoB is necessary next, go to e-bay and get it.

GH, get from MMP, they are starting to run out!

Italians next...HL.

French CdG next

Last Hurrah next

Hopefully AoO is out and you preordered it.

DB..your last e-bay adventure.

Grab Para cheap at some point, just for the board, funky armor counters and scenarios.

Johnny Canuck

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Oh, and don't forget to use eBay to sell off your other household goods in order to acquire everything on Ron's list.

:D

As for me, I bought a whack o' stuff last year, and my wife damn near hucked a frying pan at me.

Funny thing is; this year I'm spending similar cash on Warhammer stuff as that's what my 12 yr old son plays.

He's not ready for ASL.

:cry:

Last edited:

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I ordered a couple items from MMP several weeks ago including a backup Red Barricades map set. I was told there were just a few left -- like about a half dozen! All you NEWBIES -- get your hands on a set NOW! This is certian to be a high-demand item.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I lot of this depends on you, not the modules themselves, although several people have already pointed out important differences. What type of games do you like to play? Do you have a particular area of WWII that is of interest to you? It really all depends of the type of game you would find most enjoyable.

gorm

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
As Ron has pointed out if you like the old style boards then grab what is in stock now from MMP, Gamers Armory or Ebay.

WoA and CoB, if your patient, you can get on EBay for under a $100 each. DB however is priced out of this world, so I'd suggest waiting on the reprint and order unmounted maps for boards 9, 44 and 45 that you can mount yourself. You'll have more than enough ASL stuff to keep you busy until that reprint happens.

I'd also go unmounted for boards 42 and 43 from action pack #1 as it is also priced beyond what any sane individual should pay for it on EBay, :nuts: especially since you can download the scenarios from MMP's website.

If you like the ASLSK style boards then buy whatever modules happen to be of interest to you.

Jeff