What style dice do you use, precision or round cornered?

What style dice do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Not all dice have a single pip for "1", such as -

View attachment 15277
Which brings to mind the notorious "Ducks".....a set of dice I had with a Duck instead of the 6....and I and everybody else took the "duck" to be a 1.....we ran out of German hero counters in a game of Trap at Targul Frumos.

I paid for that with miserable dice karma for a year and a half for that.....

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
WTF are you talking about?

I'm used to getting paid $80-$90/hour so yes, my time is valuable.
I see. So provided you lose, maybe quite generously, a minute per game by the extra spinning of rounded-off dice as opposed to those with sharp corners, you'd indeed needlessly burn 1.3 to 1.5 bucks. It is a perspective.

von Marwitz

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I see. So provided you lose, maybe quite generously, a minute per game by the extra spinning of rounded-off dice as opposed to those with sharp corners, you'd indeed needlessly burn 1.3 to 1.5 bucks. It is a perspective.

von Marwitz
<shrug> I just hate waiting for the damn dice to quit spinning.

Evidently it does not bother you as much.

<shrug>

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I've revised my play.
From now on, I'm using razor edged precision dice which I will insist we both use.
And by "razor edged" I mean precisely that. You go to casualty to get the lacerations sewn up? Well that means you forfeit the victory to me.....

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I've revised my play.
From now on, I'm using razor edged precision dice which I will insist we both use.
And by "razor edged" I mean precisely that. You go to casualty to get the lacerations sewn up? Well that means you forfeit the victory to me.....
Back in high school was into chess and read a short story where the pieces were razor sharp. The more valuable the piece the sharper it was and more of a risk of cutting you when it was moved. Totally forgot about it until your post.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Round cornered backgammon precision dice. As opposed to Jazz I actually like watching them spin. It adds to the tension of waiting for that good roll.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Round cornered backgammon precision dice. As opposed to Jazz I actually like watching them spin. It adds to the tension of waiting for that good roll.
Gives extra time to contemplate the mysteries of life.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I couldn't vote as it only let me select 2 options, and the question is "what do you use" rather than "what do you prefer." I use 'em all and don't care what my opponent uses.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I couldn't vote as it only let me select 2 options, and the question is "what do you use" rather than "what do you prefer." I use 'em all and don't care what my opponent uses.
Another thread not well thought out before I post it.That's the problem when I start a poll and Captain Bacchus and the hoard of felines decide to offer their input. ☹☹??