What should I do with my Xbox 360

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Does n e body know if it is better to hook my Xbox 360 into my LCD Screen for my computer or my tv screen? (both 17") Also does my 1 month free xbox live gold start when i hook in my ethernet cable? do i hook it into my computer?

lilninja

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
What models are both the screens?Your 1 month free gold trial starts when you enter for a silver account.

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
okay. i think it was bootaaay tht said i hafta buy this wire n said tht my monitor could play in hd is tht true? can i hook my ethernet cable into the back of my computer n get xbox live?

lilninja

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yeah a vga cable... You can use live through the back of comp but your com will have to be on.

Dragon2611

I am me!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
if you buy the VGA cable you can use the computer monitor, computer monitors are much higher resolution than tv's the 360 will happily do 1280x1024 which is what most 17" lcd monitors do.

its much higher than the SDTV resolution of 574x768 (or something near that cant remember exactly)

How do you connect to the internet at the moment? if you want to connect it though your pc you might need a different type of ethernet cable called a cat5 crossover cable (its wired slightly differently for direct connections) they can be gotten dead cheap online though.

If you have a router you can plug the 360 directly into that.

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
i hooked my 360 into my SDTV (just temporary) and my ethernet cable into the back of my pc and it cannot detect my IP Adress what do I do?

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
yo on my xbox 360 i have a 20 gig harddrivve tht comes with it but it shows as having 10 gigs where did the other 10 gigs go?

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The 360 harddrive uses 7 gigs for temporarily cacheing data so it doesn't have to read from the disc continually - this means that each 360 HD should start with 13gbs of space. Also, if you need any help connecting to Xbox Live this site has alot of usefull answers;

XBox Live The Guide

streetballa

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
thanks but is there any site where they can tell me how to find my IP Address on my Xbox because when I try to setup live it cant detect my IP address

Dragon2611

I am me!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If your connecting it though you pc you need to enable internet connection sharing in windows XP.

From Xbox.com | Shared PC: Windows XP

1. Log on to your PC as Administrator or Owner. *any account thats set as "computer admin" will work*
2. In Windows XP, ICS is automatically loaded during installation.
3. On the taskbar, click Start, right-click My Network Places, and select Properties.
4. Right-click Local Area Connection.
5. On the shortcut menu, click Properties and click the Advanced tab.
6. Below Internet Connection Sharing, click the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection check box.
7. Click OK.
The connection to the Internet is shared to your Xbox console.

Ewan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
if you have a router then use the ethernet cable to connect the 360 to the router