What Scenario Have You Played The Most?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I have played 'Old Friends' 5 times. It's a great one to work on my nemesis, American combined arms attacks.
I am such an advocate of multiple playings of a scenario for that exact reason. Well done you Sir!!🤗🤗

Well not that exact reason, American combined arms attacks, but anything you want to hone your tactics on.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
I don't usually play a scenario more that 1-2 times unless it is really OUTSTANDING.

A few offerings that fall into that category and that I have played 3-4 times or more (off the top of my head):
  • Cold Crocs
  • Urban Apes (Urban Guerrilas )
  • Point of no Return (one of the truly great "Whirling Dervish" scenarios)
  • Witches Cauldron (another great "Whirling Dervish" offering)
  • Scouts Out
  • Riding Shotgun
  • Battlin' Buckeyes
  • KP 167
  • Maczek Fire Brigade

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guess my go to scenario has to be THE COMMISSAR'S HOUSE (ASL #4, not the barker HASL A2 or the remake RB10). I've had 5 recorded playings of the #4 one with more than likely 2 or 3 more playings before I started recording them. Ive played the HASL version twice, initially because it looked like a decent scenario and to find out it wasn't and a second playing of the RB10 iteration-as the opposite side- to humor my buddy and confirm it is still the howler it once was. As an aside: I would much prefer playing THE 138 OF THE 138TH (either the RB12 or DB85 version) or DB122 PRESCRIPTION FOR THE COMMISSAR for a more enjoyable playing experience.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My stats show:

3 x J103 Lenin's Sons 2-1
3 x SP116 Loonies and Leicesters 3-0

I usually don't play scenarios more than once, but tourneys can drive multiple plays.

Last edited:

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASL 10 The Citadel
ASL 32 Subterranean Quarry
ASL 126 Commando Schenke
ASL 135 Acts of Defiance
ASL 54 Bridge to Nowhere

Each more than 5 times. Only ASL 32 more than 10. ASL 32 is the initiation scenario for the Kansas City ASL Club (new member takes the Romanians). Generally, I have tried not to play scenarios more than once. But if I like a scenario, I will play it a second time with the opposite side. These five are scenarios I will always play again due to the fun factor. I will note they are all eastern front scenarios which I enjoy more than any other front.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
ASL 10 The Citadel
ASL 32 Subterranean Quarry
ASL 126 Commando Schenke
ASL 135 Acts of Defiance
ASL 54 Bridge to Nowhere

Each more than 5 times. Only ASL 32 more than 10. ASL 32 is the initiation scenario for the Kansas City ASL Club (new member takes the Romanians). Generally, I have tried not to play scenarios more than once. But if I like a scenario, I will play it a second time with the opposite side. These five are scenarios I will always play again due to the fun factor. I will note they are all eastern front scenarios which I enjoy more than any other front.
Subterranean Quarry! Very interesting!😊

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ABtF1 The Prize--both sides attack+defend, and Brits need to cross the bridge.
Buchholz Station, in its various iterations. Real challenge for the Germans to exit, I find.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Defiance on Hill 30? I know it’s a good first scenario for teaching the game, but man I’m OK with never playing it again…

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Bridge at Cheneux KGP 7, 10 times. I have a foamcore map for it, so that may have something to do with the frequency, although it has been 9 or 10 years since I last played it. I only managed 2 wins, so I have perfected how to lose as either side!
I played Pleva in this one years ago, I thought I was doing pretty good but then he did a move that I have remembered ever since. He (Germans) pushed a 9-1 leader, by himself, into a smoked woods hex and he stuffed the my American attack for a whole turn all by himself. That was enough edge to win.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Bridge at Cheneux KGP 7, 10 times. I have a foamcore map for it, so that may have something to do with the frequency, although it has been 9 or 10 years since I last played it. I only managed 2 wins, so I have perfected how to lose as either side!
Would love to see that map Jeff. If they ever have an in person ASL Open in Chicago again and you've got the room to bring it along that would be one I'd try on that map. Have a great day my friend!