What rules do you have the hardest time grasping?

Nat Mallet

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Chapters A-D give me the hardest time...

In all seriousness though, bypass give me a hard time, as does the blind hex system.

But like a few have mentioned, it's not any specific rule, it's the volume of rules. I guess that comes with a lot of playing.

Nat

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Blind hexes

Has to be blind hexes for me.

CHs are easy: take the TK number divide by the sqare root of the cosine of 11, then add the GNP of any 3 countries, multiply by a 12% APR, and you've got it! :D

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
AFV entering an opposing AFV's hex. Played Smashing the 3rd, because it had a few nominations for HoF. I had a PzIV with a broken MA, so drove it into a T-34's hex from the rear to freeze it.

Couldn't find whether or not the T-34 had to change it's CA to fire at it, plus where it states what armor facing it would hit, if it hits. I know it's in the rulebook somewhere, but it confuses me every time we play it. It's not CC Reaction fire.

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Nat Mallet said:
Chapters A-D give me the hardest time...

But like a few have mentioned, it's not any specific rule, it's the volume of rules. I guess that comes with a lot of playing.

Nat
This rings pretty close for this newbie ... I hope to master this system someday .. soon...

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The "in-hex" rules are some of the most frustrating, because they are scattered all over the rulebook instead of being put in one place.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
mharviala said:
Hull hit - Turret hit. Won't stick in to my teflon neurons.

Mika
Think....ROF ~ Turret Hit (colored die less than white die)

Thats how I wrapped my poor Eastern European brain around it. :D

sgtono

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jazz said:
Think....ROF ~ Turret Hit (colored die less than white die)

Thats how I wrapped my poor Eastern European brain around it. :D

Hey, that is great. One prob down several to go.

Keith

Beltmann

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It used to be the OBA rules—until they came out with the flow chart. I now no longer avoid scenarios with it. Now I would say it's the OVR/CC Reaction fire rules. I can never remember them...

da priest

Reaction score
Beltmann said:
It used to be the OBA rules—until they came out with the flow chart. I now no longer avoid scenarios with it. Now I would say it's the OVR/CC Reaction fire rules. I can never remember them...
Well....there is a flow chart for them too. :D

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For me its the volumes of rules. I understand most of it (just accept it for what it is, do not try to make sense of everthing) I just keep forgetting stuff from the easy stuff how many PP a MMC has to some hard stuff like shadow hexes......

why is it back in the day I knew the whole UCC and a good chunk of the tax code, passed two state bars, but have to make notes so I do not forget what I have learned from one session with the rule book to the next. :cheeky:

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hardest was unlearning the SL rules...I do miss the rule for when units manning support weapons go berserk.

One of the things that I still seem to always forget is hit location..."is that a hull hit?" Youd think that it would sink in after all these years.

Semper Fi!
Scott

griffitz62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Right now the whole Wall Advantage thing is kicking my a-s-s. If anyone out there wants to "dumb it down" for the new guy that would be great. (hint-hint)

ThePope

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Routing

The comprehensive rout example is great, but it never seems to apply to my unit. I have read it over and over, and I have never grasped that concept. Plenty of other things I don't understand, but routing happens every game (practically every turn), and it still causes me problems. Opponents are always correcting me, but I rarely correct an opponent - I can't figure out if they're right, wrong, or just plain cheatin' me. :cheeky:

Sean
+<|:)

Priest

Reaction score
Sgt. Przybylo said:
Has to be blind hexes for me.

CHs are easy: take the TK number divide by the sqare root of the cosine of 11, then add the GNP of any 3 countries, multiply by a 12% APR, and you've got it! :D
AH ha, so that was my mistake...I was taking the tangent of 9.:D

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't *wait* to play you again! "Oh...you didn't know that routing units can declare Double Time and get 10mp?" :devil:

Combine "creative routing" with Mosher's "amobea attack" and your all set!!!

Semper Fi!
Scott

<< Opponents are always correcting me, but I rarely correct an opponent - I can't figure out if they're right, wrong, or just plain cheatin' me. :cheeky:

Sean
+<|:)[/QUOTE]

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Interesting : more problems with the basic set of rules than with specialized "Amphibious assault" or "Night"...
I presume it is because one is more often "in contact" with the core of the rules - and feels one's limits much more frequently...
About the basic rules, rout remains the more difficult for me...