What part of history would you like to see made into a film?

Reaction score
jorge said:
Wasn´t Nicholas Cage involved in a film about Thermopilae and the 300 Spartans. Based on a good book, I read some months ago
So far Nicolas Cage has done some his worst work in military themed movies............I wonder if he plays the mandolin in this one?

michammer

Reaction score
Country
ll
Lance Williams said:
So far Nicolas Cage has done some his worst work in military themed movies............I wonder if he plays the mandolin in this one?
I saw Windtalkers for the first time the other night. How did he ever get an acting job?

Consul

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A really good American film on the Napoleonic Wars would be nice.

Espicially if they could focus on Austerlitz.

Not that bloody confusion that was Waterloo.

Phil Kost

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Consul said:
Espicially if they could focus on Austerlitz.
Actually, that would be really cool. The officers of my unit are doing a staff ride to Austerlitz while we are in the Czech Republic for a mission and a good movie would help with the teaching aspect of the battle.

Reaction score
michammer said:
I saw Windtalkers for the first time the other night. How did he ever get an acting job?
Oh God don't get me started about "Windtalkers"............The strange thing is that I have liked Gage's work in some of his movies that have not had military themes (ie, "Raising Arizona" is a hoot). Some how once he puts on a uniform he immediately looses all of his acting skills.

Reaction score
Phil Kost said:
A good film on the Mexican American War or the War of 1812.

Phil
Michael Shaara's "Gone For Soldiers" might fit the bill as a good starting point for a movie on the Mexican War. There are very few movie made about this conflict. I did see one with Tom Beringer, "The San Patricos", that was OK.

The War of 1812 has had a few movies made about it, "The Buccaneer", being the best one I can think of off of the top of my head. I liked Heston as Jackson.

Phil Kost

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Lance Williams said:
Michael Shaara's "Gone For Soldiers" might fit the bill as a good starting point for a movie on the Mexican War. There are very few movie made about this conflict. I did see one with Tom Beringer, "The San Patricos", that was OK.
I think "Gone For Soldiers" would make an excellent movie. I too have seen "One Man's Hero" (the Beringer film) and I was ready for that one to end.

Phil

J P

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With modern day CG effects being able to bring anything to life, i would like to see The battle of Trafalgar. The best part is the hero dies at the end so there is no "B" grade sequel. However, the combat would have to be more realistic than "master and commander" - i couldn't believe that Crowe's ship takes a broadside with wooden splinters a few feet long flying everywhere and hardly anybody gets hit!!