What next?

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The one thing to remember about flamethrowers, is the bullseye that goes with it.
Nobody wants you near them.

TimNiesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some time ago, Don2 went to the house of the designer of Diant module. He was playing the French and they blew up and burned poor Rommel in his command HT. With an AP round and not with a FT, however. Rommel had the sense to stay out of staff cars. Tim

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
A Jeep is not a car... I wonder what it is. 🤣
I am quite sure that the "staff car" is just a Kubelwagen.
US generals used Jeeps.
German note 94
Kfz 1: The Kuebelwagen was the military version of the VW and had its troop trials during the invasion of Poland. It was thereafter put into mass production, with
52,018 eventually being built. It was an extremely popular vehicle, but not as versatile as the Jeep.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I am quite sure that the "staff car" is just a Kubelwagen.
It depends on the kind of "staff" which you are thinking about. A Kübelwagen might be adequate for the staff of a relatively small unit. The staff cars of larger formations were larger and offered more comfort if possibly less cross country capability. I'd say staff cars of larger German formations are not represented in the ASL counter mix. And with regard to the road situations during some periods of the year in Russia, they would have been subsituted with something more befitting of the terrible 'road' conditions there.

von Marwitz

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
It depends on the kind of "staff" which you are thinking about. A Kübelwagen might be adequate for the staff of a relatively small unit. The staff cars of larger formations were larger and offered more comfort if possibly less cross country capability. I'd say staff cars of larger German formations are not represented in the ASL counter mix. And with regard to the road situations during some periods of the year in Russia, they would have been subsituted with something more befitting of the terrible 'road' conditions there.

von Marwitz
Sounds like a great opportunity for a new counter!

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Well, Tim was evoking an actual scenario.
If he could tell us precisely what counter was represented, it would help us determine what he was speaking about.

TimNiesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robin, I very seldom played SL. Don1 and Steve played it hundreds of times more than I. Don 1 has copied the rules and is shipping them to me by mail. If the Stonne rules define a staff car I will find out. I wonder if it it is the counter mix of Stonne, which has been much praised for quality. A abberation apparently. Tim

TimNiesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Stonne game has a German counter for this "staff car." Not sure if all versions have this counter. Not sure if there are rules to go with it, however. Tim

Tim Niesen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have not seen the counter or the rules for purchase of the "staff car." I hope that my copy of the five page set of rules comes in the mail tommrow. Tim

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Okay. So it is a staff car. Is this a regular ASL counter? Tim
Tim, you don't have the scenario card, you don't want to go fetch your rulebook and you state that it is a staff car...
Hongkongwargamer provided the information that there are a Kfz 1 and a Kfz 4 in the OB.
And you are asking if counters exist for them.
If course there are!
The old Stonne module would not give elements of an OB that don't exist in counter form.
Are you expecting us, not only to do all the work for you, but to use common sense in your place?
Please go fetch your rules in your attic and the scenarios of Stonne : read them and ask informed questions.
Is that so complicated to do?

Last edited: