What new WWII venues for ASL?

paulkenny

Reaction score
byouse said:
So you never played Hill 621? Bread Factory #2? Hundreds of other ASL scenarios?
Actually No, No, Yes!, although I dont believe there are a TON of ahistorical scenarios, most scenarios do seem to have some basis in history, besides what Pitman says about fanatic enterprise scenarios! :D

paulkenny

Reaction score
BTW I dont mind a Hill 621 scenario as it falls in line with how history played out, ie Russians and Germans, somewhere in Russia, I just dont like the Ami vs Russia, French vs Greek scenarios that are just pulled out of thin air. Small distinction but it is there.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't subscribe to such distinctions, and won't willingly play Hill 621 (the one time I've played it, I had my arm twisted). Knowing a scenario was made up out of whole cloth will pretty much completely cancel my interest in it.

M Faulkner

Disgruntled Democrat
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llUnited States
What about the old SL scenario "Assault on a Queen". It never took place seeing that the German units that were suposed to do the mission never even left the airfield they were to land at or were shot to pieces. Matter of fact, the scenario aftermath even mentions that the Germans didn't even make the attack. And then there is "Into the Valley..."

paulkenny

Reaction score
M Faulkner said:
What about the old SL scenario "Assault on a Queen". It never took place seeing that the German units that were suposed to do the mission never even left the airfield they were to land at or were shot to pieces. Matter of fact, the scenario aftermath even mentions that the Germans didn't even make the attack. And then there is "Into the Valley..."

Ugh I actually did play these two!!! AoaQ was boring IIRC but Into the Valley was a close game.

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bread Factory #2 is ahistorical? I've read about it somewhere. Is the location on the map ahistorical?

paulkenny

Reaction score
kdalton said:
Bread Factory #2 is ahistorical? I've read about it somewhere. Is the location on the map ahistorical?
Yes completely ahistorical, the battle actually occurred at Bread Factory #2.01. Kind of like Bunker/Breed's Hill. Makes the whole scenario bunk because of that! :p