What material would you like to see made into a movie?

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
Now that it's in the process of making, I'm waiting for Sajer's "Forgotten Soldier", made by Verhoeven.

Though I don't think I would want it to be filmed. I suspect much of unhealthy public and/or political atmosphere around this movie when it will hit the screen.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If Verhoeven in making it, it is going to be degenerate is some form. I'm expecting Showgirls in camo....:rolleyes:

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cowboy BeBop is being made into a movie. I fear the worst....

Here's an update on both RoboTech and BeBop.
I heard Keanu is a huge fan of the series so he might (and that's a BIG 'ole freakin might) be half decent. And they better NOT do Megan Fox as Faye or I'm going to be pissed! :angry: Also they are doing Ghost in the Shell??!:hush: Interesting, I must look this up.

Tho I must say, Hollywood seems to be running out of ideas no? If they are doing a bunch of comics, classic cartoons, video games, and now anime, (not to mention their terrible record with books) is there going to be anything that will remotely resemble the original material?

KingNothing12

Reaction score
Country
llRomania
I heard Keanu is a huge fan of the series so he might (and that's a BIG 'ole freakin might) be half decent. And they better NOT do Megan Fox as Faye or I'm going to be pissed! :angry: Also they are doing Ghost in the Shell??!:hush: Interesting, I must look this up.

Tho I must say, Hollywood seems to be running out of ideas no? If they are doing a bunch of comics, classic cartoons, video games, and now anime, (not to mention their terrible record with books) is there going to be anything that will remotely resemble the original material?
I thought watchmen was exellent, and it followed the original material very well other than changing the ending a little, which I think was necessary.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Look at what you wrote:

"If they are doing a bunch of comics, classic cartoons, video games, and now anime...."

What's the common thread? A juvenile audience. The truth of the matter is that Hollywood doesn't stake sci-fi seriously, they see it as nothing more than Disney for a slightly older crowd. That is why they are focusing not on what I would call adult level science fiction, but on kid friendly material. And even when they do pick up a piece of serious sci-fi, such as Starship Troopers, they strip it of any seriousness and turn it into a kids with guns flick. Face it: Hollywood is now the enemy of every science fiction fan.

Fortunately, we are seeing serious sci-fi re-emerging from outside Hollywood, be it indie attempts such as Moon, or foreign films like District 9 (fantasy too, such as LotR via New Zealand).

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guess it's true if you put it that way. Never read Starship Troopers but heard it missed almost the whole point of the movie. And agreed, I do myself, tend to go for foreign or indie films nowadays when looking for something more serious.

Btw, did Moon already come out?

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Moon was out in the theaters around June, IIRC (not sure if it is still showing). I'm waiting for it to show up at Netflix. :)

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I 've always felt the story of the 'Night Witches'- the Russian women combat pilots in WWII - could make a great movie. You could get history, action, romance and of course, plenty of 'jiggle!' (as they called it back in the '70's)

Gwyneth Paltow could play Lily Litvak (or is she too old now?)

Maybe Amy Adams could be in it :love:

Last edited:

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
If Verhoeven in making it, it is going to be degenerate is some form. I'm expecting Showgirls in camo....:rolleyes:
Hah, I'm afraid of something similar - underwear-less RoboSajer fighting masses of bug-looking Soviets...:crosseye:

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Moon was out in the theaters around June, IIRC (not sure if it is still showing). I'm waiting for it to show up at Netflix. :)
Lucky me I just discovered it's playing at a nearby theater! Gonna see it this weekend :D It's down to one showing however so it should be outta theaters soon :cool: