What is your favourite sport?

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Do not care for sports on TV (a contradiction in terms). Whenever I get the time, I step our for a two-hour jogging in the countryside : no cell phone, no internet, no colleagues, no boss, no family, ni dios ni rey - silence and sweat.
Probably the best time to think out TOAW turns

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Temujin said:
GO THE MIGHTY SAINTS!!!!! <----------- League leaders!
Not for long!!! The Demons are gonna knock 'em off! :D

(from a proud Melbourne member ;) )

MonsterZero

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like soaring (flying saiplanes) although costs don't allow me to do it as often as visiting the gym. Eventually I would like to participate in air races but that will require access to a personal aicraft. Eventually when I begin making a decent buck I may think of shared ownerships with a bunch of other pilots.

I'm also a skiing fanatic in winter.

As a rule, I like individual sports (running, flying, working out, skiing) much better than loud team contest.

Last edited:

jlbetin

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
nemo said:
Do not care for sports on TV (a contradiction in terms). Whenever I get the time, I step our for a two-hour jogging in the countryside : no cell phone, no internet, no colleagues, no boss, no family, ni dios ni rey - silence and sweat.
Probably the best time to think out TOAW turns
I do it when I took my dog for night walk 25 mn walking thinking looking at my marvelous Athena, thinking how to kill as mush as possible units in next turn, looking at my marvelous Athena, thinking how to kill as mush as possible units in next turn, looking at my marvelous Athena, thinking how to kill as mush as possible units in next turn, looking at my marvelous Athena, thinking how to kill as mush as possible units in next turn, looking at my marvelous Athena, thinking how to kill as mush as possible units in next turn, looking at my marvelous Athena, thinking how to kill as mush as possible units in next turn, looking at my marvelous Athena,

Oh I'm at home, I can open TOAW I got the solution

Der WanderNightWalker

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I like football. I think professional sport is killing my interest though. Not many sports can allow amateurish gentlemen's behaviour anymore. Money (prize money, advertising, player salaries) is eliminating the good sport in sport, making it an industry just like movies or whatever. Just look at the US and Canadian teams' behaviour in the recent hockey world championships. They are thugs, not sportsmen. :mad:

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
jlbetin said:
I do it when I took my dog for night walk 25 mn walking thinking looking at my marvelous Athena, thinking how to kill as mush as possible units in next turn, looking at my marvelous Athena, thinking how to kill as mush as possible units in next turn, looking at my marvelous Athena, thinking how to kill as mush as possible units in next turn, looking at my marvelous Athena, thinking how to kill as mush as possible units in next turn, looking at my marvelous Athena, thinking how to kill as mush as possible units in next turn, looking at my marvelous Athena, thinking how to kill as mush as possible units in next turn, looking at my marvelous Athena,

Oh I'm at home, I can open TOAW I got the solution

Der WanderNightWalker
Well, that's general what I do when I go to school by train...

Tzar

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hockey comes in number one ! I'm Canadian after all, we are the crowned champions of the world of this sport, that says it all.

Motor racing and American football comes a close second though.

Motor Racing (especially F1):

I have been going to the Montreal F1 Grand Prix 7 times out of the last 10 years and I was there last year. This year I am not going though, I AM FED UP WITH MICHAEL SCHUMACHER. Don't make a mistake about it, I don't dispute his great talent and incredible record, he's one of the Greats, but I am just tired of always seeing the same guy winning over and over again. This is choking the sport, we need a change of the guard fast.

Football (american, not soccer):

Last year was the first year I seriously followed football (we in Canada are lucky enough to get to see all the games as in the US). What a sport ! Immensely strategic, and I am especially thrill about the concept of clock management and the tactics and decisions that go with it. Also, the NFL is one of the best-run professional leagues in the world, and the economic model of this league makes sense (contrary to baseball and hockey where franchises are slowly dying). Just too bad there is only 16 games in a year ! I don't really have a fav team, although the closest team to Montreal are the Patriots, so I am usually favorable to them, but I also like the 49ers. Of course, I do also watch Canadian football, a slightly different variant of the American version (3 downs instead of 4, so you get much more passes).

However, I don't play hockey, nor football and I don't race (well, I do get a few speeding tickets on a regular basis, but that is bad behavior).

I personally ski (downhill skiing), rollerblade, and cycle.

Last edited:

Kaki

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Football world cup is the only sport I´m least bit interested. It´s once in 4 years, so there´s a certain dignity in it. Finland is never going to get there, but so what.

mr_clark

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
jlbetin said:
Ach S-bahn, quiet place to think in middle of crowd and bicycles

Der WanderOfnetDieTürBitte
Well, generally I am on the move so early or late that I have always the time to think about it quitely. As I play SPMBT on relatively small maps, there are not such in TOAW ;) ,it is easy to memorize them and so I perplan my next moves detailed, expecting different enemy behaviour...

Reaction score
Dicke Bertha said:
Just look at the US and Canadian teams' behaviour in the recent hockey world championships. They are thugs, not sportsmen. :mad:
I think you're just bitter the Swedes fell apart in the gold medal game against Canada :cheeky:

Reaction score
Tzar said:
I personally ski (downhill skiing), rollerblade, and cycle.
Where do you like to ski in the east? I went to Mt. Tremblant once, but found it quite icy, relative to what I'm used to out west. I used to ski Whistler/Blackcomb many times a year. Unfourtunately, where I live now, the closest decent ski hill is a 2 days drive away :cry:

Tzar

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Martin Schenkel said:
Where do you like to ski in the east? I went to Mt. Tremblant once, but found it quite icy, relative to what I'm used to out west. I used to ski Whistler/Blackcomb many times a year. Unfourtunately, where I live now, the closest decent ski hill is a 2 days drive away :cry:
There are quite a few ski places in Quebec, but of course we are not talking about the Rockies here... Mt Tremblant and Mont Ste-Anne near Quebec City are the 2 largest mountains, but I only go at those 2 places once or twice every 2 years or so, there are a few hours drive away from Montreal. There is also a couple of good places on the US side in Vermont or New York, just 3 hours from Montreal such as Jay Peak. And they take the Canadian dollar at par with the US one, which is nice :)

Usually I will ski in smaller places: Bromont, Sutton and Orford in the Eastern Townships (southern side of the St.Lawrence River), and Mont Blanc, Morin Heights and Val St.Come in the Laurentians. They are quite small "mountains" though compared to any place in the Rockies.

Someday I plan to take a one or two week vacation at Whistler or some great place in the Rockies and get to enjoy real downhill skiing :D

Last edited:

viridomaros

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
i like fishing too, you are lucky to live in denmark Rasmus as it is the paradise for fishing in rivers, it is said that there is nearly no polution and that there are a lot of fish
what kind of fishing are you used to?

rasmus

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Actually I am not that keen a fisherman, but both my brothers are and I enjoy being on a fishingtrip with the two of them. Fishing in Denmark is trouts and some salmon in freshwater and cod and herring and others on the coasts and from boats. Concerning the lack of pollution, I got really sick :kotz: three weeks ago after swimming in an put-and-take lake (retrieving floats and hooks for my brothers).

Last edited: