What is your favorite chrome?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Whether it's a counter, SSR, terrain, or something else what is your favorite chrome?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I was fascinated with the prospect of ferrying AFV's across a river. Loved The Dinant Bridgehead.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I really like both of the entries of zgrose, but I must say my favorite is "trenches connect" rule for RB. I also like the gutted building rule (rarely if ever seen in a ususal non-HASL scenario though). Favorite counter is got to be the Char B1bis FT AFV in German color.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I really like both of the entries of zgrose, but I must say my favorite is "trenches connect" rule for RB. I also like the gutted building rule (rarely if ever seen in a ususal non-HASL scenario though). Favorite counter is got to be the Char B1bis FT AFV in German color.
That Char certainly is shiny!😉

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My current favorite chrome is an SSR that BFP likes to add. First OBA chit drawn is always black. Remove one black chit from the counter mix.

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
My favorite chrome is ..... 75% of the ASL rulebook! SK is a bare-bones version of ASL and manages to contain the crux of the game within a couple small pamphlets. The full-ASL rulebook is a mighty tome that consists of the basic and small framework that SK contains, and pretty much everything else is additional chrome. Seeing as the initial publication order is actually reversed, SK was just ASL with almost all of the chrome stripped from it. So, IMO, ASL is wargaming chrome. Compared to other wargames, besides unnamed 'copycats' that came along after ASL became popular, the amount of detail, minutae, and endless possibilities is rivaled by none; which is my definition of chrome.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
My favorite chrome is ..... 75% of the ASL rulebook! SK is a bare-bones version of ASL and manages to contain the crux of the game within a couple small pamphlets. The full-ASL rulebook is a mighty tome that consists of the basic and small framework that SK contains, and pretty much everything else is additional chrome. Seeing as the initial publication order is actually reversed, SK was just ASL with almost all of the chrome stripped from it. So, IMO, ASL is wargaming chrome. Compared to other wargames, besides unnamed 'copycats' that came along after ASL became popular, the amount of detail, minutae, and endless possibilities is rivaled by none; which is my definition of chrome.
Nicely put!

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I totally agree with Volga,

That said, if I can call bypass movement chrome, then it's my favorite type of chrome because Deluxe ASL wouldn't be the same without it.

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My nominee for Most Brilliant ruleset in ASL...

Residual Firepower -- what a wargame ZOC ought to be:
a variable-density, variable-geometry anti-dynamic reactive suppression field vs enemy movement.

AFAIK, no other game has anything like it.