What is your Current Miniatures Project?

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Exactly as Ian said. No other way to paint and once you start using one you won't stop. Very easy to set up. I use a cheap plastic food container I got at the dollar store with a top. I use baby wipes, not the ones with oil or aloe, then put enough water in to barely cover the wipes, then use a piece of parchment paper cut to size, then drop your paint onto the parchment. Use non waxed parchment. It works great and saves a ton of paint. I started using one to help keep my paints wet. You can top it and store it in the fridge if you want. I've had paints last 4 or 5 days before they start getting too watered down. Works very well for custom mixed colors that you may need on several figs but don't want to have to mix for each fig.
I've been looking at the 'Scale 75" paints lately. They get a lot of good reviews. Problem is I have a ton of Vallejo and they work well, so it makes it tuff to try out something that I already have and like.
And yes Chuck, I promise I'll take lots of pics(of my mediocre painting) of the Frenchies. Really looking forward to trying my hand at them. I've not painted anything human that big before.

Browning

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After seeing your painted Infinity and WW2 Germans I have complete faith that you'll do a great job.

antiochuss

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am working on rules of a combined arms game which is my interpretation of possible modern war.The idea is that a conventional conflict with nukes is out of the question.Instead limited war featuring amphibeous landing forces combined with insurgency is the norm.

This occurs on two scales,strategic and tactical,one map grid strategic from which forces egress into tactical maps corresponding to the square they occupy.
Works pretty smoothly.Have ordered 1/1200 scale miiniature ships.Looking for similar scale aircraft and air defence stuff.Smaller scale best as they have to fit in six by nine inch squares along with ships and army stuff.
Most aviation stuff I see is WWI WWII and too large.No SAM or triple A at all.Any one any ideas.

Browning

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played back in Rogue Trader days but not now. The killer for me was with each new rule set I was forced to reorganize my Imperial Guards. After the third time my wallet and I had reached the limit and I sold off a majority of my collection. But within the past few months I did hear the siren's call when I saw the new Genestealer Cult. I was tempted until I remembered the cost of building a 40k army and with that I was able to walk away.

antiochuss

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Anybody care to share what miniatures project they are currently working on?

Of course, I am still working on my SJ Ogres project (as detailed on my blog). I'm nearing the home stretch as I need to just finish the Ogre-inator and I am done!

After this...I'm not sure. I will either work on DUST Tactics, or I think I might switch from sci-fi to fantasy and begin working on that Warhammer starter box I purchased sooo long ago.

What about you? Feel free to post pics! :smoke:
I have been working on a limited war thing centeredness in Europe ,Eurasia and western Chins.I have worked in spies,UAV and insurgents.Plays very well ,events unfolding automatically with no player input.I am becoming intrigued.

Mercurio68

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Going to 3d hexasim's Tenkatoitsu. The game mechanics are fantastic, and miniatures of the Sengoku period (Japan 1500-1600) will be of strong impact even if in 6mm. Now I'm collecting all the minis for the first battle; then I will build up the "table" (this will require more time, as I have to built up about 850 hexes, 3cm hedge to hedge each. The advantage is that all of them will be "re usable" for other 6 battles, plus the new incoming titles)...
The aim is to paint all the minis, but I'm not sure how long this will take (300 infantry strips plus 100 cavalry strips): so may be I will check for someone to paint them for me, and dedicate to male all the terrain...
For the moment I'm "blocked" as I can't find a solution for rear vertical transparent slot, for inserting the counter for each base...

Brunohvap

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Anybody care to share what miniatures project they are currently working on?

Of course, I am still working on my SJ Ogres project (as detailed on my blog). I'm nearing the home stretch as I need to just finish the Ogre-inator and I am done!

After this...I'm not sure. I will either work on DUST Tactics, or I think I might switch from sci-fi to fantasy and begin working on that Warhammer starter box I purchased sooo long ago.

What about you? Feel free to post pics! :smoke:

Brunohvap

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi, i am in the process of developing ASL in full 3D (board size twice the original game), using minuatures like GHQ and Heroic &Ross
I have completed so far boards 2, 3 and 4 and set up the ASL scenario “Hill 621” featuring the Bragration op’s near Minsk early July ‘44
See link : https://asl-players.net/asl-with-miniatures/