Not open for further replies.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Actually, the stones I was throwing was at the system. Italy fought for 10 years on various fronts and gets three counter sheets of piss poor units while France gets nine counter sheets for six weeks? Yes, there were a few Free French units as well as Polish units who don’t even get any counters (you have to reach for those green French counters in the Allied Minor box).
I am not proud of Switzerland indeed.
But when I see an American throwing stones at the French, I don't find it correct either.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yes, Britain and US did agree to let Uncle Joe take Berlin (as they were doing bulk of fighting in Europe) as US was busy freeing Asia from Japan.
Here we go - appreciate the moment of recognition here about Europe! I am glad we are getting all these counters for the French. :)

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Yes, Britain and US did agree to let Uncle Joe take Berlin (as they were doing bulk of fighting in Europe) as US was busy freeing Asia from Japan.
It wasn't a reward, or a reflection of Soviet losses. Eisenhower wanted to avoid a diplomatic issue, and also the Americans were wrongly worried about a redoubt in Bavaria, thinking that Hitler and his closest followers may have holed up in the mountains and continued the war.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually, the stones I was throwing was at the system. Italy fought for 10 years on various fronts and gets three counter sheets of piss poor units while France gets nine counter sheets for six weeks? Yes, there were a few Free French units as well as Polish units who don’t even get any counters (you have to reach for those green French counters in the Allied Minor box).
The Free French never used Allied Minor counters.

By 1945, the French had 1.3 million soldiers in arms and were the fourth largest ally fighting Germany, with about 34 divisions.

benj

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Italy fought for 10 years on various fronts and gets three counter sheets of piss poor units while France gets nine counter sheets for six weeks?
If you count only fighting against the Germans, France actually fought about 11 weeks, from Norway to the armistice (yes, nitpicking). The French army of 1940 was about 5 500 000 men strong, even more than the US army of 1945, which means a lot of diversity.

But I do agree that the ASL system does poor justice to the Italians in comparison with others (which is why LFT tried to fix this ;-)).

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
If you count only fighting against the Germans, France actually fought about 11 weeks, from Norway to the armistice (yes, nitpicking). The French army of 1940 was about 5 500 000 men strong, even more than the US army of 1945, which means a lot of diversity.

But I do agree that the ASL system does poor justice to the Italians in comparison with others (which is why LFT tried to fix this ;-)).
Most importantly (and this isn't directed at you) not a single one of us were there and I therefore struggle to see any justification for people to swing their dicks around.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada

The first French operation of the war against Germany was in September 1939. Not much as far as offensives go, but still "fighting" - so not just Norway and the May invasion.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Haven't all the old boards (1-52) already been included in some modules by now?
42 & 43 have only come out in AP3, not in any core module. Those boards originally came in AP1 as mounted boards. AP2 had 46 and 47 as mounted ones. 46 and 47 have been produced in SK style, 46 in Yanks 2, 47 in RS. The original CdG boards (40, 41) came in Yanks 2 which surprised me as I would have expected them in CdG 2.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought it was (relatively) common knowledge by now that the Dinant HASL is part of the new CdG; so maybe some of those 11 countersheets have something to do with it?

Just spitballin'.
Kind'a hoping they would include the Japanese counters in Belgimanian two tone for my probable "Phoney War" In-action Pack. Encountering some difficulties with the historical background of their employment (well, actually haven't gotten around to looking into it yet, but maybe next year), but would enjoy the counters nonetheless (perhaps in three tone as I believe they might change sides).

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I thought it was (relatively) common knowledge by now that the Dinant HASL is part of the new CdG; so maybe some of those 11 countersheets have something to do with it?

Just spitballin'.
It's hard for things to be made common knowledge based on a photo without a caption.

I don't see any development updates in the MMP newsletter, for example.

Is there a blog in particular, perhaps, where the development is being discussed?

Status
Not open for further replies.