What is the next release from BFP going to be?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Title says it all.....thank you.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Title says it all.....thank you.
Another HASL. Corregidor, my good man. 21 Scenarios covering actions from 1942 (3 scenarios) and 1945 (18 scenarios). 2 CGs. Since it is a HASL, it'll have a HASL map (duh) that is about 36"x28" and covers a portion of the 'head' of the island based on the state of the island in 1945, and is used in about 40% of the scenarios (the rest being geo from other parts of the island). Player aids for the CG along with the rules. I haven't laid out the counters yet, but am looking at a half sheet of mixed 1/2"/5/8" counters, mostly to be used to supplement core counters for the CG. A couple of GA aircraft (the A-20 Havoc and B-25 Mitchell). And a small mag covering the battle history.

The CG will be fairly small using light jungle, no caves or seaborne assaults, so this should be a great PTO CG for folks wanting to dive into the Japanese without a lot of extra rules to consider. You will need to brush up on para drop rules, napalm, and NOBA. For the scenarios, there are a couple that use Caves and seaborne assaults, but otherwise this pack is pretty straightforward PTO.

Hope to have this one ready by the end of the year, but it will depend in large part on the timeline for finalizing the scenarios.

Attachments

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Another HASL. Corregidor, my good man. 21 Scenarios covering actions from 1942 (3 scenarios) and 1945 (18 scenarios).
The CG will be fairly small using light jungle, no caves or seaborne assaults, so this should be a great PTO CG for folks wanting to dive into the Japanese without a lot of extra rules to consider. You will need to brush up on para drop rules, napalm, and NOBA. For the scenarios, there are a couple that use Caves and seaborne assaults, but otherwise this pack is pretty straightforward PTO.
I saw the map on the Facebook wargame art group, and thought - nice map, but that's it. However, I like the sound of these comments. Firstly, often wondered about using the same historical map to represent fighting there in two different time frames. Great idea!

I also like the idea of a PTO HASL without heavy rules overhead. Are there a lot of night scenarios?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
The map is very interesting. It is the sort of map that looks good to play on.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Even with the Brush (that should be Bamboo, unless there are SSR to keep Brush and Jungle on the same map), the map looks relatively open - more so than most PTO scenarios, I'd say.

No caves or seaborne assaults sounds nice. Not sure I'm too happy with the "but take a look at para drop rules" bit, though.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Even with the Brush (that should be Bamboo, unless there are SSR to keep Brush and Jungle on the same map), the map looks relatively open - more so than most PTO scenarios, I'd say.

No caves or seaborne assaults sounds nice. Not sure I'm too happy with the "but take a look at para drop rules" bit, though.
Well you'll need it for one scenario and for the CGs. Given the nature of the paradrop (very low altitude), the total para rules are somewhat truncated, so it's not as bad as you think.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
So how would the LOS work between these two hexes? Is there a rule (or SSR) that LOS extending off the map is blocked?
los.jpg

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I saw the map on the Facebook wargame art group, and thought - nice map, but that's it. However, I like the sound of these comments. Firstly, often wondered about using the same historical map to represent fighting there in two different time frames. Great idea!

I also like the idea of a PTO HASL without heavy rules overhead. Are there a lot of night scenarios?
Of the 21 scenarios, 2 are night scenarios. Where folks may see more night scenarios is in the CG, where the Japanese with an attack chit have the option of having the scenario be a night scenario.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So how would the LOS work between these two hexes? Is there a rule (or SSR) that LOS extending off the map is blocked?
View attachment 5007
There is a rule that allows LOS to be traced across the grey area. So there would be an LOS in this instance. The hard line represents the edge of a 500 foot cliff that dropped down to the ocean. So while the grey area is technically unplayable, it does not form an artificial wall for the map edge.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
So what happens if a paratrooper should fall off the edge of the cliff?

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So what happens if a paratrooper should fall off the edge of the cliff?
:thumbsdown:
Eliminated. While a fair number were blown over the edge of the cliffs in the heavy winds that day (18 knots), the number killed was not extensive as patrol boats waited at the bottom to pick up any that suffered that unfortunate fate, but they were basically out of action.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
:thumbsdown:
Eliminated. While a fair number were blown over the edge of the cliffs in the heavy winds that day (18 knots), the number killed was not extensive as patrol boats waited at the bottom to pick up any that suffered that unfortunate fate, but they were basically out of action.
That's serious. Thank heavens for the boats.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This looks kool, but will the maps be the same quality as OBS?
What do you mean when you say 'quality'? If you mean matte versus glossy? Yes, the maps will have a matte finish. Otherwise, yes, the maps will have all the attention to detail that I can muster and that I poured into the O:S maps :happy:

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another HASL. Corregidor, my good man. 21 Scenarios covering actions from 1942 (3 scenarios) and 1945 (18 scenarios). 2 CGs. Since it is a HASL, it'll have a HASL map (duh) that is about 36"x28" and covers a portion of the 'head' of the island based on the state of the island in 1945, and is used in about 40% of the scenarios (the rest being geo from other parts of the island). Player aids for the CG along with the rules. I haven't laid out the counters yet, but am looking at a half sheet of mixed 1/2"/5/8" counters, mostly to be used to supplement core counters for the CG. A couple of GA aircraft (the A-20 Havoc and B-25 Mitchell). And a small mag covering the battle history.

Hope to have this one ready by the end of the year, but it will depend in large part on the timeline for finalizing the scenarios.
Another must-buy from BFP!

When is Peleliu coming out?

BFP ROCKS!!!!

Thanks to all the guys at BFP!!!

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am looking forward to this one.

For those interested in some good readings to get you in the mood for the CG should read Blossoming Silk Against The Rising Sun by Gene Eric Salecker as well as Corregidor: The Rock Force Assault by General E.M. Flanagan Jr. They give you a good feel for the difficulties the paratroopers faced.

Semper Fi!
Scott

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another must-buy from BFP!

When is Peleliu coming out?

BFP ROCKS!!!!

Thanks to all the guys at BFP!!!
Peleliu is at least a year or more out. We are concentrating on Corrs right now, and we have cycles going into smaller pack releases that are more likely to come out before Peleliu does.