What is the most unique CG you have played?

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
My favourite was the Operation Veritable CG. I found the challenge of getting my forces across the open under deadly fire in the rain (I was unlucky on my weather roll) was unlike any other CG I've played. Also, I did like the Canadian connection.

Speaking of which : I really should play the LC ones...

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
My favourite was the Operation Veritable CG. I found the challenge of getting my forces across the open under deadly fire in the rain (I was unlucky on my weather roll) was unlike any other CG I've played. Also, I did like the Canadian connection.
Someday we’ll find it, the hoser connection
The maple, the hockey, Andy!

(Sorry not sorry)

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I too liked Op Veritable, lots of cool stuff going on with that one, the Creeping Barrage is pretty cool as the Brits advance forward on the map.

Since I am playing Uncommon Valor, I think I need to buy the latest PL rules, 2.0 seems to have alot of holes that need filling lol.

If someone has the latest Platoon Rules set for sale, please email me at stalingrad838@yahoo.com and we can talk price.

Scott

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
There is Platoon Leader version 3.1 for sale on eBay (or NKG) for $40.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wasn't an earlier version of Platoon Leader available for free download somewhere on the CH page?

von Marwitz
That is the one that he is talking about with the holes...

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
agreed, OVHS is probably the single most unique overall I've done yet. All that open terrain, a night armored counterattack - and a ton of map to fight over. So much going on.

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
'I am playing six CGs at the moment.
  • Those Bloody Ragged Heros
  • Dinant PT
  • Berlin PT
  • Gavutu-Tanambogo
  • Suicide Creek
  • Objective: Schmidt'
Berlin PT? ..........I'm intrigued, care to spill a few of the beans on this one?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
'I am playing six CGs at the moment.
  • Those Bloody Ragged Heros
  • Dinant PT
  • Berlin PT
  • Gavutu-Tanambogo
  • Suicide Creek
  • Objective: Schmidt'
Berlin PT? ..........I'm intrigued, care to spill a few of the beans on this one?
It is the one that ASRomafan (Edo) started with Witchbottles (Jon). It builds on CH's Berlin module and expands the map area and introduces a few new rules. Edo vanished suddenly off the scene but Jon and Jack and a few others are continuing with the project.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It is the one that ASRomafan (Edo) started with Witchbottles (Jon). It builds on CH's Berlin module and expands the map area and introduces a few new rules. Edo vanished suddenly off the scene but Jon and Jack and a few others are continuing with the project.
and it continues along :) - I did an update in the Critical Hit sub-forum early Feb on the progress to date. you can likely find it there with a bit of searching magic and google - rather than my expounding it again here.... :)

Rules updates are about 75% complete with proofing and additions is the only current update at this time - oh and we found a printer to do the add on maps for a good price, if desired.

KRL, Jon H

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
and it continues along :) - I did an update in the Critical Hit sub-forum early Feb on the progress to date. you can likely find it there with a bit of searching magic and google - rather than my expounding it again here.... :)

Rules updates are about 75% complete with proofing and additions is the only current update at this time - oh and we found a printer to do the add on maps for a good price, if desired.

KRL, Jon H
Good news. I'm a big fan of the Berlin Module from CH, although some of the smaller scenarios are a bit 'Samey' PF ambushes of unsupported Russian armour etc. Glad to read that the expansion module is still alive and kicking.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good news. I'm a big fan of the Berlin Module from CH, although some of the smaller scenarios are a bit 'Samey' PF ambushes of unsupported Russian armour etc. Glad to read that the expansion module is still alive and kicking.
the hope, (hope being the right word I think), is to have this packaged up and ready for consumption by sometime in 2020. As that deadline nears, things tend to stack up (as they always do with a deadline), but it still seems a reachable goal. :)

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm glad you guys are still working on it. I was helping Edo with some research to clear up some rules but unfortunately he disappeared. Jon do you know what happened to him? I remember you guys really expanded the CG I still have a couple copies of the rules that were redone from about 4? years ago. I'm certainly going to be ready to see the finished product.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
The most unique CH I ever played was my own design which I created for fun.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jon,

In regards to the re-write of the Berlin rules: Is there going to be a re-make/ playtest of the older scenarios that were published in TL or Berlin: FoTR?

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jon,

In regards to the re-write of the Berlin rules: Is there going to be a re-make/ playtest of the older scenarios that were published in TL or Berlin: FoTR?
As they are not of our IP creation - and the group has no license to do so, I do not think the original scenarios are going to be tampered with. We are creating a new product, one hopefully not plagued with proofing and design issues like some CH stuff - that adds on to the pre-existing, not re-inventing. that particular wheel. So it will have a new section for new CG rules, new CGs, new maps, new scenarios, new units, new counters. I'd prefer to avoid the pitfall of Ray Tapio with simply remaking the old instead of creating a new.

;)

KRL, Jon H

We do manage to fix major errors of the old rules sections with some new ones along the way. :D

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Maxim Gorky.............not so much a CG , but as a linked series of scenarios very challenging for both sides.