What is the ASL-related New Year's Resolution you wish OTHER people would adopt?

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, you say that, but:

https://www.superiorpod.com/product/1counterround#.Xgy2FEf7SUk

And as to the packs, well skip the box, the rest - including the maps - doesn't seem impossible - even if done by several companies... MMP could act as the portal, which splits your order for Yanks, say into counter sheets from company A, maps from company B, scenarios from company C and chapter H from company D.
Why don't we take a look at the math. Beyond Valor has 14 countersheets. I can't remember how they split between 1/2 and 5/8 so we can say 7 of each.

1/2 sheet has 280 counters x7 sheets = 1960 counters. Using the superior POD counters, it would take 28 sheets.

5/8 sheet has 176 counters x7 sheets = 1232 counters. Using the Superior POD counters, it would take 18 sheets.

List price on the SPOD page for 46 countersheets is $207, just for the counters.

I'm just not sure that that cost is workable. Thanks for the link, I may use them for playtest counters!

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I also just noticed that the numbers for pricing is 1 inch counters.

5/8 in POD sheet have 140 counters, so 9 sheets would be needed. Cost would be $72 for just these sheets.

I do not see 1/2 counters as an option on their site.

Still think that POD is a higher cost than most people would want to pay for counters.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Why don't we take a look at the math.
Mongo like math. Mongo get "A" in rhythm-tic.

List price on the SPOD page for 46 countersheets is $207, just for the counters.

I'm just not sure that that cost is workable. Thanks for the link, I may use them for playtest counters!
You could offer it as a "if you really, really want it now, it's available POD (at the POD price)" option. Otherwise put your order in on the pre-order page (at the pre-order price). I don't know if that would help more people than it would piss off. That's the kind of business judgement I have no insight into. Also preparing a suitable POD package must involve some extra work even if just to split the counter sheets from your regular layout to the POD layout, so you'd have to throw that into the price.

JR

Last edited:

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I also just noticed that the numbers for pricing is 1 inch counters.

5/8 in POD sheet have 140 counters, so 9 sheets would be needed. Cost would be $72 for just these sheets.

I do not see 1/2 counters as an option on their site.

Still think that POD is a higher cost than most people would want to pay for counters.
10 sheets would be $45

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
If you need some vehicles, guns or 'large' info counters for playtesting, the 5/8" option might not be too bad. They would probably get more orders if they could print 1/2" counters.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
$ 89.91, extra $2 per sheet for printing on back, scroll down to see the charge.
I am assuming the extra is factored into the price when you select the drop-down on the right. That may be wrong.

However if you go to 10 sheets, the price does indeed drop to $45. It makes sense to print the tenth sheet, even if you leave it blank.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I may try to figure out how much it would hurt to do a batch of my "print your own" turret counters.

But I guess they wouldn't be "print your own", they'd be "have someone else print your" ... :whistle:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Get your own dice and keep your filthy paws off my dice. ?

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Think of the time saved not clipping. There is a value there!
What's the radius on these corners? I'm not even sure whether my clipper is 2mm or 2.5mm... but anyway it doesn't really look like you have a choice of radius. These counters are clearly low quality stuff.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The precision counters cost extra.
Precision counters, as in, you're guaranteed 4 FP and not 3.98 or 4.01?

Man, you're really pushing for the ETIIIFT (Extra Tiny Increment Incremental IFT)...