What is the ASL-related New Year's Resolution you wish OTHER people would adopt?

MTL

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Why don't we take a look at the math. Beyond Valor has 14 countersheets. I can't remember how they split between 1/2 and 5/8 so we can say 7 of each.

1/2 sheet has 280 counters x7 sheets = 1960 counters. Using the superior POD counters, it would take 28 sheets.

5/8 sheet has 176 counters x7 sheets = 1232 counters. Using the Superior POD counters, it would take 18 sheets.

List price on the SPOD page for 46 countersheets is $207, just for the counters.

I'm just not sure that that cost is workable. Thanks for the link, I may use them for playtest counters!
Yeah, I know that they ain't cheap, but it is just an 'it can be done' example. I dare say with volume and wholesale pricing, an MMP could get a much better price.

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Problem is that print on demand does not lead to volume discounting. Printing 10 or 20 copies every month or two will be much more expensive per copy that trying to print 1500 or 2000 copies for a print run. It would surprise me if Superior POD offered any type of wholesale pricing. I just assume they offer discounts based on # of sheets.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Problem is that print on demand does not lead to volume discounting. Printing 10 or 20 copies every month or two will be much more expensive per copy that trying to print 1500 or 2000 copies for a print run. It would surprise me if Superior POD offered any type of wholesale pricing. I just assume they offer discounts based on # of sheets.
1-9 $7.50 per
10 or more $4.50 per

Reactions: MTL

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Wirthin - quit rolling Snakes.
Lamphere - quit rolling Boxes
Bunten - get better soon
Dorosh - quit stalking
MMP - thank you for The Forgotten War, more KW scenarios and enough with the Bocage already!
BFP - keep chugging along
Sherry - another Korean War Rally Point
LFT - you get a two year pass after Fight for Seoul
Tapio - playtest a scenario, or two...
Pitcavage - in a world of grey, don't be so black & white
Belcher - keep being a great advocate for ASL and ASLSK
Repetti - where's the awards?
Stoppel - relax, DASL made it
Holst - take your meds
Olli - you only get to be a 10-3 in heaven if you own THREE of everything
Broken Ground - I'm still waiting for the 11-5 Wolkster leader counter...
Pleva - like Tom Brady, you'll get old... eventually
Well I’m not too far short of that!

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Robin: don't stop taking your meds and try to remain alive until the end of this year. ?