What is allowed and not allowed?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi ya-

ok, I want to play scenario's like Draconian Measures or With Flame and Shell, would it be allowed to mention such scenarios or any WWII action that takes place in a currently political sensitive part of the world? Please advise.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Yes, you can post about historical ASL scenarios set "in a currently political sensitive part of the world" as long as you do not mention the current political situation. There are other members that post about scenarios without reference to current events.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, what about Tom Morins and Dispatches from the bunker UPA series of scenarios? Ukrainian Partisans vs Russians post WWII? Should those be mentioned here if we play them or no? Just trying to make sure we are all on the same page. I should assume we should not Mention what CH is working on currently that concerns " a currently political sensitive part of the world" right? (even though it is an ASL product)

thanks for the answers thus far.

Yes, you can post about historical ASL scenarios set "in a currently political sensitive part of the world" as long as you do not mention the current political situation. There are other members that post about scenarios without reference to current events.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Ok, what about Tom Morins and Dispatches from the bunker UPA series of scenarios?
Do not mention the current political situation in your post about those scenarios.

Ukrainian Partisans vs Russians post WWII?
Do not mention the current political situation in your post about those scenarios.

Should those be mentioned here if we play them or no?
Yes, you can post about them but do not mention the current political situation in your post about those scenarios.

Just trying to make sure we are all on the same page. I should assume we should not Mention what CH is working on currently that concerns " a currently political sensitive part of the world" right? (even though it is an ASL product)
I am not familiar with that CH project. If the project entails recreating the current political conflict, then no, it is not a topic of discussion, even if it is intended to be an "ASL Compatible" product. I do believe that CH has a forum. Try posting about it there.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am not familiar with that CH project. If the project entails recreating the current political conflict, then no, it is not a topic of discussion, even if it is intended to be an "ASL Compatible" product. I do believe that CH has a forum. Try posting about it there.
It is not about the political conflict dude, it is about the military conflict. But for clarifications sake: What is the difference between the political conflict and the military conflict, You seem to know and some guidance on the difference between the two would be much appreciated.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
"Current" is the key word whether the conflict is political or military. Military conflicts are an extension of political intent by an entity, a country or organization.

Current political and military conflicts are not topics to be discussed on the forum.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I think many ASL scenarios play in regions throughout the world where there is ongoing fighting.
ASL is about WW2 - and as such, our game is detached from current occurrences.

That said, personally I do think that a few moral restraints are in order.

Personally, I think that ASL scenarios of the type "Dirlewanger SS Units vs. Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto" are inappropriate - regardless of time and specific historical context. Atrocities or massacres should not be 'entertainment' including as part of a 'game'.

Secondly, I think it is inappropriate to turn something which is an ongoing war for people somewhere at present into a 'game' for others at the same time. Regardless of whether this is in an ASL context or otherwise.

If in doubt, then less might be more.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
this just discovered in the back room of an underground Nazi bunker! a translated document of an undiscovered Nazi mission to go into the future and fight with the Ukrainians against the Russians using the Dirlewanger SS of course by way of Poland so they could swing by everyone's favorite hangout scenario... Mila 18! so be sure to pick up our new scenario pack with 7019 map panels with 16,315 scenarios and 40,147 counter sheets with all new black on black brand new SS counters! YESSSSSS!

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
this just discovered in the back room of an underground Nazi bunker! a translated document of an undiscovered Nazi mission to go into the future and fight with the Ukrainians against the Russians using the Dirlewanger SS of course by way of Poland so they could swing by everyone's favorite hangout scenario... Mila 18! so be sure to pick up our new scenario pack with 7019 map panels with 16,315 scenarios and 40,147 counter sheets with all new black on black brand new SS counters! YESSSSSS!
See, we got to learn a little about the new CH product after all. ;)

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
Unplaytested of course, but the black on black counters are expected to be the most sought after in all of the SL/ASL world. :D