What is a "fair and reasonable" price for Bridge Too Far (used)

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi all,

planning to sell my black SS counters, laminated ABTF map and rules to a friend. Don't want to get rich or rip him off, I did not plan to use them ever again anyway.

Anyone has a suggestion what would be a "fair and reasonable" price? Or does such a thing not exist for this specific product....

Thanks

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Colonel Cuervo suggests a bottle of his namesake as long as you share it with your friend.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I tend to give my games to my friends.
Now, if I wanted to sell it, as it is somehow used (laminated map, are counters punched ?), $100 would be a good price - wet finger estimation.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well Peter, I don't think you should have to pay him TOO much money to take it off your hands. Maybe just a new car, trip to Vegas, something like that ;-)

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Tell your friend to buy the Critical Hit version which on eBay over here recently went for GBP£30 😁

Prices of the MMP historical modules in the UK seem a bit high at the moment.

I was thinking of putting my copy up for GBP£299 and if it sells - I can buy other stuff...............

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There was a SW ABtF selling for $900 on eBay a while back. I think $200 is a fair price for a used copy.
People often put ridiculously high "Buy it Now" prices hoping some millionaire will buy -- because they can -- and good for them. I wouldn't look at what someone is selling it for. You'll simply get sellers' wishful thinking. The price someone actually paid is what matters when talking about the current selling value. Filtering on what was actually sold will give one a far better picture.

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A decent price would seem to hinge on many factors: 1). How good of a friend is he? 2). What's his financial status? 3). What's the condition of the game? 4). Do you want to just get rid of unused/underused module/counters or do you wish to make money on it?

My guesstimate is that if the answers to all these questions is more towards the positive side (e.g. you simply want to get rid of unused items); take a look at a similar product such as RO only, adjust for the condition/completeness of the game components, figure in its rarity of find value and make about a 20-30% reduction in price for a benefit to your friend.

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If your friend's hitting you up for it, jack the price up a little so you're happy with it, or vice versa if you're flogging it. I knew a guy who cleaned carpets, and all his friends phoned him expecting to get a deal from him, rather then supporting his business by paying him a little bit more. In short if he is asking, charge what makes you happy. The opposite if you're asking.

Last edited:

Maurizizio

Reaction score
First name
Maurizio
Country
llUnited States
I might be wrong, but friendship goes over and beyond money, so you don't want to risk it. I suggest you ask your friend which price will make him happy. A) A "zero" or very very low price, you will not be happy, but the "friendship test" give you the information you needed. B) If he give you a decent price, that will be the price he feels comfortable to pay/offer you, and you will know that such price is what he can afford/spend for the game. And even if it is not as much as you could make on e-Bay, don't forget, he is a friend. You will be both happy in such a case, because he proposed his best and you are making a friend happy (no matter which price he is offering you). Case A also should be ok for you: sell on e-Bay and with that money buy few beers to your real friends.