What if...

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[There appears to be no area for general gaming news so I figured I'd post this here and in the PC Game Section]

What if this turns out to be true?... Though I hope not:

Rumor: Activision Hungrily Eying Take Two

A wild rumor made its rounds on internet today insisting that Activision wants to buy-out rival publisher Take Two.

Following close on the heels of the demise of the Guitar Hero franchise and the cancellation of the (supposedly) nearly complete True Crime: Hong Kong, reports have surfaced of Activision sizing publisher Take Two up for purchase. As evidence, many have been citing the fact that Activision appears to be clearing house to make way for Take Two's competing IP's, and that Take Two's board has been reworked by a well-known corporate raider to be amenable to purchase. So far, there have been no official statements from either Activision or Take Two, but that doesn't mean the rumor mill isn't turning.

"There are very strong rumors amongst people at a very senior level within the global business," says a corporate insider. "But they're not much more than that at the moment - they are just rumors. And, of course, given Activision's news this week, everyone is now looking to see what their next move is. But you can definitely put two and two together and make four-ish."... Continued