What happens when a stack containing a bloke with a flamethrower gets hit by KIA?

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
This has happened a few times to me.

A stack containing a flamethrower (it's my opponents not me moving in stacks :)) gets hit by a KIA result. Today it was a two on the six firepower hits the stack and it is a 1 KIA result. For the flamethrower, with his -1 "hey look what I'm carrying" modifier it is a 2 KIA.

How do things get worked out please?

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
The part of the stack without the flamethrower suffers a 1KIA. The flamethrower unit suffers a 2KIA. Just as you reported. How a KIA result is worked out is specified in the rules under A7.301.

A7.301 - An IFT attack vs. units with different DRM in the same Location (e.g., in and out of a foxhole) results in different levels of KIA.
Does one:
a) resolve the two different KIA results separately (e.g. a RS DR for the units in the entrenchment suffering the 1KIA and a RS DR for the units out of the entrenchment suffering the 3KIA) ?
Or should one:
b) roll one RS for all units affected by the different KIAs-limiting the number of eliminated units to the level of #KIA they suffer?

A.
a).

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
To underline that results are applied separately, notr that if the FT toter suffers a #KIA but the others a K result (or a MC - e.g. if they are in a foxhole and the FT guy is out of it), they are not broken because of the KIA.