What happened to the Partisan module...

MadDog_CDN

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
that Pitman was working on, is it getting closer to completion?

Any photos, play test reports?

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
seem to remember Mark saying that it was on hold or something..

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nothing "happened" to it. It is being worked on. I worked on it yesterday and I was working on it today until I took a break to see what words Scott Holst would misspell this morning (in the pool, I had "all of them"). As it involves a tremendous amount of research, a chapter H-like section, a number of maps and, oh heck, some scenarios, it is not a small undertaking. Don't expect it on the pre-order list in the near future.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Nothing "happened" to it. It is being worked on. I worked on it yesterday and I was working on it today until I took a break to see what words Scott Holst would misspell this morning (in the pool, I had "all of them"). As it involves a tremendous amount of research, a chapter H-like section, a number of maps and, oh heck, some scenarios, it is not a small undertaking. Don't expect it on the pre-order list in the near future.
Thanks for the update Mark, will look forward to it seeing the light of day in print in the future

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chapter H. Cool. What kind of vehicles?

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chapter H. Cool. What kind of vehicles?
Partisan/guerrilla forces used a wide variety of vehicles in WW2, ranging from Panthers and Hetzers to a variety of French and Italian tanks to a range of armored cars to improvised armed civilian vehicles. And more.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
would think more likely to be Ordinance.
Certainly there's a lot of ordnance, ranging from a variety of animal packed Italian artillery to various Allied guns and mortars dropped or shipped to different forces (including 4.2" chemical mortars dropped to Kachin guerrillas in Burma as disposable heavy weapons) to improvised field pieces of different types (including a fire truck converted into a massive flamethrower).

I also deal with SW, though, so you don't have to worry about French maquis somehow having Soviet MMGs. You get cool things like Polish flamethrowers and Filipino .50 cals and Kachins with big-ass rocket-firers.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Filipino .50 cals and Kachins with big-ass rocket-firers.
Warning/promise:

I will kiss you on the mouth and then die happy if the term "big-ass rocket-firers" makes it into an ASL module that you are associated with.

Seriously looking forward to this regardless.

S

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They are rather "meh"; I agree. The designers of ASL really didn't know much about partisan/guerrilla warfare in WW2, having only some very hazy conceptions (and misconceptions) based mostly on German accounts of the Eastern Front. For some reason they didn't bother to look into it, either. I guess it didn't interest them. I hope to return some flavor and interest to the subject, as well as bumping up the historical accuracy.

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
(...) It is being worked on. (...) some scenarios, it is not a small undertaking(...) .
I cannot talk for others, but I guess our Italian Community will happily give an hand or two for the playtest when required. At least I can promise to playtest intensively the pack.

Also we have gathered enough research material for a scenario or two in Italy, if you ever need an help about scenarios.

A question: you have not named the work required on the new counters aside maps, scenarios and chapter H. Is the birth of Cpt Enrico in danger? :upset:

:laugh:

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
From your replies in some other threads, I half expected you to mention that you needed a rest and a cigarette! ;)

Warning/promise:

I will kiss you on the mouth and then die happy if the term "big-ass rocket-firers" makes it into an ASL module that you are associated with.

Seriously looking forward to this regardless.

S
BARF? And that applies to the kiss & die scenario too!