What happened to the Partisan module...

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A question: you have not named the work required on the new counters aside maps, scenarios and chapter H. Is the birth of Cpt Enrico in danger? :upset:

:laugh:
Nothing happens until I can figure out how the **** to fit "Pitcavage" on a counter. ;)

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
to improvised field pieces of different types (including a fire truck converted into a massive flamethrower).
now, that might be kewlish

I also deal with SW, though, so you don't have to worry about French maquis somehow having Soviet MMGs. You get cool things like Polish flamethrowers and Filipino .50 cals and Kachins with big-ass rocket-firers.
So you will trade a 4-10 MMG for a 4-11 one? Color me 'meh' on that one...

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
They are rather "meh"; I agree. The designers of ASL really didn't know much about partisan/guerrilla warfare in WW2, having only some very hazy conceptions (and misconceptions) based mostly on German accounts of the Eastern Front. For some reason they didn't bother to look into it, either. I guess it didn't interest them. I hope to return some flavor and interest to the subject, as well as bumping up the historical accuracy.
Another one looking forward to seeing this project coming to fruition. Partisan actions during WWII were an interesting and important part of the war. Such a project should shed more light, give more design options, and provide more chrome to an otherwise lackluster OB. Not to mention more COUNTERS and a unique color scheme, maybe even another shade of GREY ;)

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another one looking forward to seeing this project coming to fruition. Partisan actions during WWII were an interesting and important part of the war. Such a project should shed more light, give more design options, and provide more chrome to an otherwise lackluster OB. Not to mention more COUNTERS and a unique color scheme, maybe even another shade of GREY ;)
Hmmm...most Partisan actions involved said Partisans being rounded up...put against a wall and gunned down...not sure how that can be made any more exciting than it is...unless of course the meteorite that recently crashed in the nearby hills unleashes a virus that causes the dead to rise and wonder the country side looking for brains. Zombie Partisans, now that would be way cooooool!!!

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Yeah! Finnish grey centre with Italian Grey border. :stirthepot:

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Hmmm...most Partisan actions involved said Partisans being rounded up...put against a wall and gunned down.
I don't think that was the case. Anti-partisan activities by the Axis was a considerable distraction, tying down combat units and disrupting supply lines and communications with the front.

That said, in some countries (la belle France, I'm looking at you) the extent of partisan activity has certainly been exaggerrated to obfuscate a more general story of dishonourable collaboration.

In any event, it usually wasn;t the partisans who were summarily executed - it was 10 or 12 hapless villagers who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

skye88

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Nothing "happened" to it. It is being worked on. I worked on it yesterday and I was working on it today until I took a break to see what words Scott Holst would misspell this morning (in the pool, I had "all of them"). As it involves a tremendous amount of research, a chapter H-like section, a number of maps and, oh heck, some scenarios, it is not a small undertaking. Don't expect it on the pre-order list in the near future.
Okay, i'll buy a copy, but you just HAVE to put in a scenario using the home-build danish armored car on display in kopenhagen. It was actually used, must be a great story for a scenario in there.

Check it on the lowest picture on this website:

http://www.copenhagenpictures.dk/gefion.html