What happened to the look of the forum?

jserrano

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Ok, no big deal, at least all the buttons and menus remain in the same places. I guess this is un update or something similar of the Forums code. Isn't?

José

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
ASLgord said:
Age only matters if you are a wine or a cheese! :cool:

G.
At my age the only "whine" I get is from my wife when I "cut" the cheese!:laugh:

Johnny Canuck

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I was going to change to the Alt1 colour scheme, when I noticed the 'Post Reply' button was greyed out. It worked, but it was greyed out.

So I changed to other colour schemes. The 'Post Reply' button is still greyed out.

I'll stick with Alt1, which is a nice blue.

Temujin

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
User CP - Edit options - Forum skin, its the very last option at the bottom.

Edit, i tried em all, none much better than the other for brightness, it hurts me, headaches and stuff if things are bright, hope the designers are aware of this.

Heres a site i think is good to he eye, not to mention side splittingly funny, just linking it to show the colour usage, the webmasters FAQ has this* to say for the design, so its just to give you some ideas and why daek is better, for some of us.

http://maddox.xmission.com/ Warning not for kids, or PC nuts, the ideas and language are fit for intelligent adults, so that counts out the kids and PC crowd. Seems like webpage management is a family thing for the Maddox's. :)

I've chosen a black background for most of my text because it's easier on the eyes than staring at a white screen. Think about it: your monitor is not a piece of paper, no matter how hard you try to make it one. Staring at a white background while you read is like staring at a light bulb (don't believe me? Try turning off the lights next time you use a word processor). Would you stare at a light bulb for hours at a time? Not if you want to keep your vision.

Last edited:

Marines

Reaction score
Temujin said:
User CP - Edit options - Forum skin, its the very last option at the bottom.

Edit, i tried em all, none much better than the other for brightness, it hurts me, headaches and stuff if things are bright, hope the designers are aware of this.

Heres a site i think is good to he eye, not to mention side splittingly funny, just linking it to show the colour usage, the webmasters FAQ has this* to say for the design, so its just to give you some ideas and why daek is better, for some of us.

http://maddox.xmission.com/ Warning not for kids, or PC nuts, the ideas and language are fit for intelligent adults, so that counts out the kids and PC crowd. Seems like webpage management is a family thing for the Maddox's. :)

Yeah, I found them, messed with the available options as well, it didn't help. I find myself actually squinting to read the text and my eyes are just fine. I would prefer a heavier background, not black, but at least something darker.

Gotta run, as It's actually becoming uncomfortable to view the forum.

Cpt. Bonez

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Temujin said:
http://maddox.xmission.com/ Warning not for kids, or PC nuts, the ideas and language are fit for intelligent adults, so that counts out the kids and PC crowd. Seems like webpage management is a family thing for the Maddox's.
there's a link to the "Crappy Kids' Art" ! i love that site! :laugh: