What happened to the look of the forum?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Alright, we hear you. We'll be changing the forum again because its obvious that many of you dislike the new style. The new "new" style may be somewhat plain, but it should be easy enough to read and that is the main thing.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have to say that the new style is hard on my eyes and I'm not going to be able to visit as much as I get a headache after a while. Were people complaining about the last style we had?

Goblin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reepicheep said:
btw, you can change the colour of your "forum scheme" at the very bottom of the page. There's a drop-down box that you can select between... each gives a different colour scheme as well as a high-contrast one if needed.

That's always been there, but just mentioning it in case anybody wants to experiment to find their new "favourite colour" for the forums.
I never even saw that! Thanks Reep!

the red is really cool.

Goblin :)

Avalon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I don't mind the new look at all. The fonts seem a little smaller and it is a little glarey but it would be pretty easy to make it a little softer on the eyes I imagine, maybe a slightly darker shade of grey would do the trick. It looks really stylish and it's faster too for sure. :)

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
can't stand the new look.

WAY too much white!

I played around with the alternate schemes.

don't like 'em.

Oh well.

Peace

Roger

Temujin

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I have nothing against the look, it has always been one of the best/easiest looking forums around, and all the changes over the year have improved it.

My only beef, is with the brightness/glare, i would like to see at least on option where it is a dark background with bright text to contrast with it, everything else is fine.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
We're working on it. I may be a few days before we have something new in place so don't get too attached to the "chrome" look.

Leatherneck

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Temujin said:
My only beef, is with the brightness/glare, i would like to see at least on option where it is a dark background with bright text to contrast with it, everything else is fine.
EH! I agree with you that I had a black background before the whole new looks and I really like to have back instead this ugly old white background.

Marines

Reaction score
Don Maddox said:
We're working on it. I may be a few days before we have something new in place so don't get too attached to the "chrome" look.
If you do change it, will it increase bandwidth and add more problems? If so, you should leave the layout the way it is, Don. We certainly don't want you making changes if it hampers your overall efforts around here.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
One way that should have no effect on bandwidth would be to take one or so of the loaded styles- and manually coding the hexidecimal color code to something a little different.

Not entirely positive on this - but I belive that is a client side instruction - and has nothing at all to do with bandwidth ( however it also involves hunting for the correct code to change - if (as I suspect) -a set of templates were used.

Anyway, imo the criticisms of all the choices are too alike -in terms of background color -is a valid one (from a web page creating nerd's point of view -meaning 'me' and no one else).