What happened to Jutland/SES?

honj

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Hi

Does anybody here still play Jutland, developed by Storm Eagle Studios?

I had not played it for years so i recently reinstalled it & when i attempt to play it seems to be riddled with bugs which i don't seem to remember being there in the past.
I also looked through some of the older forum posts here & on Stormpowered (SES client), it looks like a complete breakdown of communication between SES & their customers, some very angry posts about the situation regarding Jutland. I myself have tried to contact the SES team through various channels but have met with no success so far, was wondering if anybody here could shed light on what has gone wrong & how i can get my game working again?

Thanks

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Suicide by attitude.

You gotta let the people who payed for the game play it. No way around it. The paying customers are more important than the not paying ones.

Retreating into their own forum where they have zero exposure to potential new customers, just to avoid perfectly valid criticism elsewhere, also was a stupid move if there ever was one.

Did some good damage to this forum, too.

Haida

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
From what little information I can find out there it looks to me like the franchise was sold to a third-party and it is now close to death. Norm Kroger and Jim Rose don't appear to be involved with it at all anymore. The current developers don't seem to have the technical ability and/or desire to fix the game, in fact by all accounts it is more broken now than it ever was before. Worst of all is the way the system is setup it's not possible to go back to an old version of the game that still worked so everybody who bought it is screwed. The Stormpowered web page has not had any revisions since 2011 and the one representative who was on their forum has not been heard from in months. Such a shame and a sad end to what could have been a great game.

AJ.Lintern

Reaction score
Country
ll
It's a shame to hear there's no longer any development going on. I've just reinstalled it after several years!
So have there been any other half decent naval PC games released since...? I've lost touch with such things lately.

bill44

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Well, it now appears that the forum is locked down. I received a message fro another forum member advising that all his e mail address's were banned.

I'm a moderator of that forum, I volunteered for that in an effort to help keep the spam down, and attempted to reply to a post and found that my e mail address is also locked out.

I've sent a e mail reply to one of the other mods letting him know of the situation, but, not heard anything yet.

Jones944

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Looks like Norm is still working on the next iteration of the game, based in WW2. His Facebook page has updates.

Norm Koger
February 4 at 4:49pm ·

Not really sure how productive it has been, but at least I've spent the day working on game related stuff. A very nice break from the server setup crap I've recently spent so much time locked up with. It's interesting watching British aircraft carriers launching biplane torpedo bombers at dawn, May 1940, in the rain and under overcast, under code control.

Davich

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After the debacle with Distant Guns and Jutland who would bother putting any money down for any other game of the same ilk by the same people regardless of when the action takes place?

Ironhand

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is why I moved on to Steam and Iron. Not as pretty, but very detailed. And with the expansion, you can play the whole North Sea campaign.

bill44

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Looks like Norm is still working on the next iteration of the game, based in WW2. His Facebook page has updates.
You might want to ask him what's going on with the game, and why is he ignoring his loyal customers.
And ask him why he's not bothered to fix up his forum.

Slider6

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From what little information I can find out there it looks to me like the franchise was sold to a third-party and it is now close to death. Norm Kroger and Jim Rose don't appear to be involved with it at all anymore. The current developers don't seem to have the technical ability and/or desire to fix the game, in fact by all accounts it is more broken now than it ever was before. Worst of all is the way the system is setup it's not possible to go back to an old version of the game that still worked so everybody who bought it is screwed. The Stormpowered web page has not had any revisions since 2011 and the one representative who was on their forum has not been heard from in months. Such a shame and a sad end to what could have been a great game.
I just tried to play again. The game seems to no longer work well? The new patch could be the culprit (forced break patch...lol)? I can log into stormpowered, but woopie! The game has some substantial bugs introduced-and stormpowered as well. Even though I purchased every DG and Jutland product (and they all show up in stormpowered) when Jutland is started the game shows some content disabled (the Falkland island scenarios..ect) Can't find anyone home in technical support.

So much for all those emphatic promises of not abandoning the players who paid for the products with that silly protection scheme. :lier: The programmer's appear to have hit the self destruct button as they left instead of removing the protection scheme as promised. :mad: I can't say I didn't expect the risk...just another reason to never do it again no matter how promising the product...

Guess I'll have to go back to Great Naval Battles. (those all still work and are on cd) So sad. :cry:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just tried to play again. The game seems to no longer work well? The new patch could be the culprit (forced break patch...lol)? I can log into stormpowered, but woopie! The game has some substantial bugs introduced-and stormpowered as well. Even though I purchased every DG and Jutland product (and they all show up in stormpowered) when Jutland is started the game shows some content disabled (the Falkland island scenarios..ect) Can't find anyone home in technical support.

So much for all those emphatic promises of not abandoning the players who paid for the products with that silly protection scheme. :lier: The programmer's appear to have hit the self destruct button as they left instead of removing the protection scheme as promised. :mad: I can't say I didn't expect the risk...just another reason to never do it again no matter how promising the product...

Guess I'll have to go back to Great Naval Battles. (those all still work and are on cd) So sad. :cry:
It's fraud, since different statements were made in writing.

If I was in the same state as SES I'd take them to small claims court in a heartbeat.