What Game?

SFiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi

I have finally managed to get my friend interested in playing a game online using PBEM as our schedules and locations wont match. As he has steadfastly resisted trying out ASL - VASL (he fears the rules) is out of the question so I am thinking about finding a nice tactical game to lure him into tactical operations and ASL. We did have a lot of fun with the early iterations of Combat Mission but when the command and control mod was added it lost its attraction

My friend is a skilled wargamer (strategic/operational level) and is quite computer savy.

Which Computer (war)game, preferably on tactical level but possibly operational too, would you recommend us to play using PBEM? Prefer WW2 and the years immediately thereafter.

All the best

S

Ps

Currently temted by Tigers on the Hunt and/or Battle Academy - thougths?

Last edited:

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Could start him out on the tactical level that many of us did: PanzerBlitz/Panzer-Leader? Fairly simplistic by today's standards and often times very ahistorical (armor centric too) in their approach, but still fun nonetheless. I believe the rules are still available thru the VASSAL site (Scenarios included within the game itself) or available thru links as well as new/updated units and boards. Just an idea, take it for what it's worth.