What exactly has been released about CMx2 Normandy by BFC so far?

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Has their been an official BFC comment on the release, what it will be about and any information provided to what the game will conist of yet?

Cheers!

Leto

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Snippets mate. What I know for sure is this:

It will be based in Normandy.

It will be US vs Germans, if the whole Normandy 3 months is covered then it could include most German types of units.

I have been told that the models are already in production, to quote someone who knows, 'Wait till you see the Tiger Geordie, it looks awesome', so Im expecting to see at least 1 tiger.

There will be a US campaign only, what the core units will be I can only speculate, but Im speculating that it will be based around an armoured Inf force starting sometime after DDay+1.

There will be no beach landings.

What I speculate:

There will have to be some sexy German units in the game otherwise it will lose its sales appeal for those Nazi worshippers. So it will have to include Panthers, Tigers and the SS. I imagine since they were thin on the ground in the US sector until Mortain that they may be unhistorically slotted into the campaign earlier though.

The game will be winnable campaign wise as the US, Steve has already hinted that the point of a campaign is to win it.

Tacair of the CM-1 type will return and therefore I speculate that they will HAVE to put in anti air units.

It will play similar to the last SF patch before the first Normandy release.

The scale will be similar to SF, that is slightly reduced from CM-1, or a Company sized game if you like.