ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Castle but why?

These sorts of objectives seem enough to me to be already provided. True enough there are some in England that look really good. Even in Scotland too. Whether they would win in a fight against German castles is hard to say.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Haha I reference this movie

Eighty years ago they came on the screen and said Xylophone shrimp kabob random

I know what that is!

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
If all ASL holders of Ian's different musings on "SeaLion" would send them to me, I would be willing to attempt to put together an Ian's Sealion Scenario Pack.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Let this be the first major alternate history. More will come.

I will devote my work to the Italians who are forgotten by movies and thus unknown to the damaged minds who guffaw at flat references to 1970’s shows.
I mean to produce a Special Warfare pack similar to what HoB has done, but this time for the Italian commandos (whose deeds are immortal and amazing, even if unknown). Included will be the units that were greater than what is well known: the San Marcos Marines and the RSI, who were far superior to their comrades and often their foes as well.

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Para

I am sure that you meant LFT's issue 14 on Italians.
I would really like to see the San Marcos Marines as well as the X-MAS in a special FTC.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
I think that’s the one but sadly it’s one of the ones I don’t own. I won’t lie to you: I think it’s shameful that MMP won’t flesh out the OoB on their own. They tried to do it for France and others.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Para

I am sure that you meant LFT's issue 14 on Italians.
I would really like to see the San Marcos Marines as well as the X-MAS in a special FTC.
Steve I think he was meaning the old HoB Special forces I & II the SAS/LRDG one and the one with the abridged MTB rules from LFT with German marines

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Olli

You are probably correct.
Old age of products seems to go along with old age of the designer's memory.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Funnily enough Pete Phillips , John Martin and myself were talking about this pack yesterday afternoon , Pete is pretty sure it had been handed to MMP prior to Ian’s untimely death . But that’s alll that we could add, after his death I got a lot of his stuff to add to my collection but there was nothing about sea lion in it. Trev Edwards was instrumental in dealing with all Ian’s ASL stuff.
That is very interesting Olli, with any luck then MMP have it and could publish it at some point if they chose to go ahead with it, that's good news it would be really good to see this come out

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Who can say AH wasn't thinking ahead, from the eASLRB, p. A54.

25.41 GREEN: British 4-3-6 squads (and their HS) are Green troops. They are considered Conscripts only in hypothetical scenarios depicting the British Home Guard or poor quality colonial troops

Amended: Thanks for the correction Ric!

Last edited:

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Is that the Kustenjäger one? I think I just didn’t see as much appeal really. Frankly it doesn’t feature as much in any readings you do of Baltic operations as what AGN was up to, and Narvik is overshadowed by the naval battle.

RM commando operations are and should be at the forefront of Mediterranean war knowledge. Even the most rah rah Bulldongs and Spitfires Briton is going to acknowledge that the Italians fought well on the sea and that their commandos were the best.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Who can say MMP isn't thinking ahead, from the eASLRB, p. A54.

25.41 GREEN: British 4-3-6 squads (and their HS) are Green troops. They are considered Conscripts only in hypothetical scenarios depicting the British Home Guard or poor quality colonial troops
Give credit where it is due. Avalon Hill.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Conscripts make sense to have some home guard units just because they aren’t trained the very best. Trying to think about how long the early war US rules should apply. I think that it’s more likely not the longest campaign so probably no need. Of course this would mean a much longer Russian campaign, probably beyond the Urals. Also a question of what would become of the British fleets.